Biscoff Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
It’s finally Friday! Yay! It’s been a busy week at the Two Peas and Their Pod household. We’ve been playing catch up from our fun California vacation. Catch up is never easy or fun-laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, emails, and doctor’s appointments. Caleb had his one year checkup which meant five shots. Luckily, he is a brave boy and did just fine. I had to get my flu shot and I don’t think I was as brave:)
I did take a break from all of the catch up to bake Biscoff Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. A cookie break is the best kind of break…and I needed a good break!
My Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies are one of my all-time favorite cookies. I decided to make them with a fall twist. I added pumpkin puree and fall spices to the mix. Our house smelled amazing while the cookies were baking. I want to bottle up that smell and create a candle…or better yet a perfume. Ok, maybe not a perfume because then I would be hungry and craving cookies all day long. Not a good idea for a cookie addict:)
The cookies are super soft and chewy. The Biscoff Spread (a sweet and creamy spread made with Biscoff cookies) and pumpkin are a match made in heaven! I love the simplicity of this cookie recipe. You can go crazy and add in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, or pecans, but I really liked them plain and simple.
Take a break from your everyday “to do” list and bake a batch of Biscoff Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. And did you know October is National Cookie Month? So you pretty much HAVE to take a cookie break. I think it is a law.
If you are in the mood to do some major cookie baking, check out my post at Cafe Zupas. I am sharing my top 10 favorite cookie recipes. How did I pick only 10? You caught me. It is impossible for me to pick favorites when it comes to cookies, so I just picked 10 cookies that I am currently craving. The list might change in 5 minutes, but I promise the 10 recipes I picked are all winners! Check them out!
Biscoff Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies with a hint of Biscoff and pumpkin! These are the perfect cookies for fall!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugars. Beat until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin and Biscoff spread and mix until combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients, beating only until blended. Stir in the oats.
- Form the cookie dough into rounded tablespoons and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden and just firm around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack.
Note-you can also use Trader Joe’s Cookie Spread in this recipe. I prefer Biscoff Spread though:)
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Biscoff Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies, you might also like:
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Cranberries & Chocolate Chips from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies from Eat Yourself Skinny
- Pumpkin Toffee Cookies with Salted Caramel Glaze from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies from Eat, Live, Run
- Pumpkin Gingersnaps from Two Peas and Their Pod