Hello, October! I don’t know how you are already here, but I am happy to see you. I am excited for cool crisp air, fall colors, lots of football, and pumpkin everything!
I know I jumped the gun and made Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting in September, but I couldn’t wait. I love pumpkin! Since it is officially October, which in my book means pumpkin all day/every day, I am going to bring out the pumpkin in full force. Starting with these Pumpkin Toffee Cookies with Salted Caramel Glaze. They are the perfect cookies to kick off October!
I always ask Josh what kind of cookies I should make. He always says chocolate chip cookies. Don’t get me wrong, I love chocolate chip cookies, but I like to create new cookie recipes. So this time, I asked Josh what kind of pumpkin cookies I should make. Chocolate chip wasn’t an option:) He suggested Pumpkin Toffee Cookies. I loved his idea! Pumpkin spiced cookies with toffee-yum! Sounded like a winner to me, so I got baking!
When the cookies were out of the oven, I decided to take the recipe one step further. I whipped up a salted caramel glaze to drizzle over the cookies. I fell in love with the pumpkin salted caramel combo when I made pumpkin cupcakes, so I figured it would work with cookies too. The salted caramel glaze was the perfect fishing touch to the pumpkin toffee cookies. Pumpkin cookie success!
Welcome October with a warm batch of Pumpkin Toffee Cookies with Salted Caramel Glaze! I know we will be making these again during October, probably a few times:)
If you are looking for other pumpkin recipes, check out 50 Pumpkin Recipes for Fall. There are some good ones!
Pumpkin Toffee Cookies with Salted Caramel Glaze
- Cook Time
- 12 minutes
- 3 dozen cookies
For the cookies:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all-spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Heath Toffee Bits or chopped Heath candy bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, all-spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add in the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the Heath Toffee Bits.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Place cookies about 1 inch apart. Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges and set. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the salted caramel glaze. In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, salted caramel sauce, and milk. Whisk until smooth. When the cookies are cool, drizzle salted caramel glaze over the tops.
- Note-for the glaze, you might need to add more powdered sugar or milk, depending on the thickness of your salted caramel sauce. Just whisk ingredients together until you reach desired consistency. If you use our salted caramel recipe sauce, you will end up with about 2 cups of salted caramel sauce. Store the leftover sauce in the refrigerator.
If you like these Pumpkin Toffee Cookies with Salted Caramel Glaze, you might also like: