Black Bean Corn Salsa
Every evening Josh asks me what I want for dinner, lately my answer has been watermelon and sweet corn. I can’t get enough! We have a local produce stand by our house so I frequently send Josh down the road to pick up sweet corn for dinner. I’ve made a Grilled Sweet Corn Salad, but we usually eat the ears plain with watermelon. I love simple summer suppers:) The other night I decided to mix things up and make Black Bean Corn Salsa with our fresh sweet corn.
This salsa is super easy to make. If you don’t have fresh sweet corn, you can use frozen or canned corn, but fresh corn is best. I mixed together black beans, sweet corn, green onions, garlic, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime. I love how fresh and filling this salsa is. We served it with Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips. It makes a great appetizer, side dish, healthy snack, or even dinner. We had chips and salsa with watermelon for dinner. It was the perfect summer meal.
If you are looking for an easy salsa recipe, try this Black Bean Corn Salsa. It is super simple to make and eat:) And if you are a football fan, this would be a great recipe to make for game day! I know I will be making this salsa to munch on while we cheer on our favorite team!
Black Bean Corn Salsa
This easy black bean corn salsa is a family favorite! Serve with tortilla chips for an easy appetizer or snack!
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ears sweet corn, cooked and kernels removed from cob
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
- 1. In a large bowl, combine black beans, sweet corn, green onions, garlic, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like this Black Bean Corn Salsa, you might also like: