Every evening Josh asks me what I want for dinner, lately my answer has been watermelon and sweet corn. I can’t get enough! We have a local produce stand by our house so I frequently send Josh down the road to pick up sweet corn for dinner. I’ve made a Grilled Sweet Corn Salad, but we usually eat the ears plain with watermelon. I love simple summer suppers:) The other night I decided to mix things up and make Black Bean Corn Salsa with our fresh sweet corn.
This salsa is super easy to make. If you don’t have fresh sweet corn, you can use frozen or canned corn, but fresh corn is best. I mixed together black beans, sweet corn, green onions, garlic, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime. I love how fresh and filling this salsa is. We served it with Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips. It makes a great appetizer, side dish, healthy snack, or even dinner. We had chips and salsa with watermelon for dinner. It was the perfect summer meal.
If you are looking for an easy salsa recipe, try this Black Bean Corn Salsa. It is super simple to make and eat:) And if you are a football fan, this would be a great recipe to make for game day! I know I will be making this salsa to munch on while we cheer on our favorite team!
Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ears sweet corn cooked and kernels removed from cob
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for dipping
1. In a large bowl, combine black beans, sweet corn, green onions, garlic, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips.
If you like this Black Bean Corn Salsa, you might also like: