This fresh and simple Pineapple Salsa goes great with fish, chicken, tacos, or tortilla chips! It is easy to make and a summertime favorite!
You can’t beat a fresh, juicy pineapple. Well, maybe if you were eating that fresh, juicy pineapple in Hawaii. The pineapple in Hawaii is by far the best. Since I can’t go to Hawaii right now, I will just enjoy all of the Pineapple Salsa.
This simple pineapple salsa only takes a few minutes to make and is the perfect salsa for spring and summertime. This tropical salsa is sweet, colorful, and refreshing.
This salsa only takes about 10 minutes to make and can be served with chips, tacos, grilled meats, shrimp, salads, and more! You are going to LOVE it!
Table of Contents
- Pineapple- the star of the salsa. Make sure you pick a ripe, juicy pineapple.
- Red pepper- it pairs well with the sweet pineapple.
- Cilantro- a must for salsa!
- Red onion- for color and flavor!
- Jalapeño pepper- to give the salsa a little kick.
- Garlic- I love adding a little garlic to this recipe.
- Lime juice- fresh lime juice brightens up the salsa!
How to Cut Pineapple
- First, make sure you have a sharp knife and a stable cutting board.
- Lay the pineapple on it’s side (on the cutting board) and slice off the crown (the green part) and the bottom of the pineapple, about ½-inch from the bottom of the fruit.
- Stand the pineapple up on the bottom side and carefully trim the thick skin, starting from the top to the bottom. Cut carefully so you only remove the skin and not the fruit.
- Remove the brown spots (eyes) left in the pineapple flesh with a small pairing knife.
- Cut the pineapple in half through the center and cut the pineapple into 4 pieces lengthwise.
- Cut the thick, tough core from the center of each wedge.
- Cut the pineapple into desired size pieces. For this salsa, you will want to dice the pineapple so the pieces are super small.
How to Make Pineapple Salsa
In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, red pepper, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, garlic, and lime juice. Stir until well combined. Season with salt, to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
What To Serve With Pineapple Salsa
This pineapple salsa is the perfect recipe for summertime because it is SO easy. If you need an easy recipe to take to a summer BBQ, picnic, or potluck, you should make this salsa. It is always a crowd pleaser. You can serve the salsa with:
Fresh is Best
For best results, use fresh pineapple for this salsa recipe. If you are in a pinch you can use canned pineapple, but fresh really is best. You will love the mix of sweet and spicy in this salsa. The flavors are SO good and the colors are so vibrant. It is a pretty salsa to serve and a delicious salsa to eat!
How to Store
Place the salsa in a container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Stir before serving. I don’t recommend freezing this salsa.
More Salsa Recipes
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, red pepper, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice. Stir until well combined. Season with salt, to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod