Peach Salsa is an easy summer snack that can be made in minutes. Serve the salsa with chips or use the salsa as a topping for tacos, grilled chicken, fish, or pork. This salsa recipe is a summer favorite!
Peach season is my favorite because Utah has the BEST peaches. We eat as many as we can and let the juice drip down our faces…and then we get to work. We make LOTS of peach recipes: baked peach oatmeal, peach butter, peach pie, grilled peaches, and more!
One of my favorite easy peach recipes is Peach Salsa! This fruity salsa is so fresh and delicious and the perfect snack for a summer day.
Picking the Perfect Peach
You can use any variety of peach, white or yellow peaches work well in this salsa.
You don’t want to use peaches that are hard because they aren’t ripe yet. You also don’t want peaches that are super soft, they will get mushy in the salsa.
Look for peaches that have a little give when you gently squeeze them. They should also smell fragrant and have no bruises. These are the perfect peaches for salsa!
You only need five simple ingredients to make this fresh salsa, and a little salt and pepper!
- Peaches– the star of the show!
- Red onion– for flavor and color!
- Jalapeño– for a little spice!
- Cilantro– a must for salsa!
- Lime juice– use fresh lime juice!
How to Make Peach Salsa
You only need a few minutes to make this sweet summer salsa!
- I like to peel the peaches, but if you don’t mind the skin, you can leave it on. Remove the peach pit.
- Chop the peaches into small pieces and place them in a medium bowl.
- Now, you are going to add all of your traditional salsa ingredients: red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. And don’t forget the salt and pepper to bring out all of the flavors.
See how easy that was? You can make fresh peach salsa in a matter of minutes! You will love the sweetness from the peaches with the heat of the jalapeño. The combo is amazing!
Peach salsa is a great appetizer or snack when served with chips. We like to make homemade pita chips or homemade baked tortilla chips , but store bought chips are fine too. Salty chips are perfect with the sweet peach salsa.
The peach salsa also goes great with tacos, quesadillas, burritos, grilled chicken, fish, or pork!
If you are having a BBQ, picnic, or summer pool party, make this peach salsa to share. It is a great dish to take to parties.
More Salsa Recipes
- Pico de Gallo
- Fruit Salsa
- Mango Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Peach Corn and Avocado Salsa
- 4 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add the peaches, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with chips or with chicken, fish, or any Mexican dish.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod