Cheesy Guacamole Tostada – these easy baked tostadas only take 20 minutes to make. A fun take on chips and guacamole, this loaded Tostada can be served for dinner or snack time!
Love Chips and Guac? Try a Guacamole Tostada!
I love chips and guacamole. I kind of have a guacamole obsession. You can find my favorite guacamole recipes here. Yeah, there are a lot:) Well, some nights I just want to eat chips and guacamole for dinner. I used to when I was single, but now that I am cooking for my family, I try to make real dinner.
So instead of eating chips and guacamole dinner, I make Cheesy Guacamole Tostadas. The boys love this Tostada and it is very similar to eating chips and guacamole, but it counts as dinner. When I am feeling fancy, I will even serve a salad and fruit on the side:)
How to Make Tostadas
To make a tostada, I crisp up tortillas in the oven, no frying is required! The tortillas get nice and crispy and you don’t have to deal with hot oil. Plus, these tostadas are so much healthier. You can use corn or flour tortillas to make tostadas.
I top the tortillas with shredded cheese before going into the oven. The cheese will melt onto the tortilla creating a nice cheesy base.
When the cheesy tostada comes out of the oven, I top it with a generous portion of guacamole. Oh, yeah! If you are feeling cheesy, you can add more cheese on top. We usually do:) The tostadas only take 20 minutes to make and are always a hit at our dinner table. They also make a great lunch or snack.
A Tostada for Dinner Works Wonders!
If you are craving just chips and guacamole for dinner, try my Cheesy Guacamole Tostadas. These vegetarian tostadas will satisfy your craving because you are basically eating one giant Tostada chip smothered with cheese and guacamole. Nice, huh? Kids and adults love these easy tostadas. They are always a hit and so easy to make!
If you like this tostada recipe, you might also like:
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Mexican Rice
- Pico de Gallo
- Crispy Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- Steak Tacos
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
Cheesy Guacamole Tostadas
- 4 flour tortillas or corn tortillas taco size
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 ripe tomato seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Additional shredded cheese for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray both sides of the flour tortillas with cooking spray. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on each side of the tortilla. Using a fork, poke little holes all over the tortillas. This will prevent them from puffing up in the oven. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes, then turn tortillas over, and bake for 2 more minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese evenly on all of the tortillas. Place back and oven and bake just until cheese is melted, about 2 more minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the guacamole, cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds. With a spoon, scoop out avocado from the peel and put in a medium mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork, leaving some chunks. Stir in the lime juice, red onion, cilantro, and tomato. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Spread guacamole evenly on tostadas. Top with additional shredded cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note-I didn't put jalapeño in the guacamole so the boys would eat it. If you want a kick to your guacamole, feel free to add jalapeño! For gluten-free use corn tortillas.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.