Cherry Vanilla White Chocolate Chip Cookies
I still remember the first Valentine’s Day we celebrated together-we were dating and Josh made me a delicious Italian meal with chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Of course, he won bonus points for the cookies:) I think cookies should be a part of every Valentine’s Day. There is no better way to show someone you love them than by baking them a batch of homemade cookies. I’ve shared a few festive Valentine cookie recipes already-Red Velvet Crinkles, Raspberry Hugs Chocolate Cookies, Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies, and Lofthouse Style Soft Sugar Cookies. All of these cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day. I have one more Valentine’s Day cookie for you today-Cherry Vanilla White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These cookies are inspired by my Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies. Vanilla pudding mix is the secret ingredient in these cookies. It keeps the cookies super soft and adds a nice vanilla flavor. I also added a double dose of vanilla extract to bring out the vanilla flavor. The tart dried cherries compliment the sweet white chocolate chips and add the perfect pop of red and white for Valentine’s Day.
I normally love cookies right out of the oven, you really can’t beat a freshly baked cookie, right? Well, I actually liked these cookies better the second and third day. The cookies stay super soft and the flavors really come out in the cookie. You can make these cookies over the weekend and they will still be in tip top shape to give to your Valentine on Tuesday.
Josh has made me cookies every Valentine’s Day since our first Valentine’s Day together. He is a smart man-he knows how to make me swoon:) Make a batch of Cherry Vanilla White Chocolate Chip Cookies to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year. Your friends, family members, and special sweetheart will thank you!
Cherry Vanilla Cookies White Chocolate Chips
Vanilla pudding mix keeps these Cherry Vanilla White Chocolate Chip cookies nice and soft. These cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day or Christmas.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the dried cherries and white chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Cherry Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cookies, you might also like:
- Quadruple Chocolate Cherry-Cookies from Bake at 350
- White Chocolate Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies from A FarmGirl’s Dabbles
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies from How Sweet It Is