Chocolate Nutella Cookie Bars with Sea Salt-chocolate cookie bars with dark chocolate chunks, a layer of Nutella, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Dessert perfection!
Friday is a very important day. It is World Nutella Day AND my birthday. You better believe we are celebrating. And I wanted to make sure you could celebrate with us, so I am sharing my recipe for Chocolate Nutella Cookie Bars with Sea Salt today so you have plenty of time to buy the ingredients and plan your cookie bar party! I don’t want any excuses, you HAVE to make these cookie bars.
I am obsessed with everything chocolate hazelnut, especially Nutella, so no wonder they chose to make my birthday World Nutella Day. I am so glad they were thinking of ME:)
Cookies are hands down my favorite dessert. We have over 200 cookie recipes on our site. Some might call me crazy, some might suggest cookie therapy, but I am just trying to make the world a better place with cookies! Cookies make everything better. And so for my birthday, we eat cookies!
This year, I am celebrating with Chocolate Nutella Cookie Bars with Sea Salt. These bars are EVERYTHING!
When I dreamt up the recipe in my head, I kind of figured they would be good. I am pretty much a cookie profesh, but I didn’t know they would be eat the whole pan by yourself good! Yep, they are the cookie bars you don’t want to share. The take the pan in the closet and cut square after square kind of good. I didn’t do that, our closet is way to small in our rental house, but I might have taken the pan into the bedroom and hid from the boys:)
The chocolate cookie bars are rich, fudgy and will remind you of a brownie, but in my opinion they are better because, duh, they are cookie bars! The bars are loaded with chocolate chunks and a layer of Nutella. I top them off with a sprinkle of sea salt, which is the perfect finishing touch!
Celebrate World Nutella Day and my birthday on Friday by indulging in these Chocolate Nutella Cookie Bars! They are soooooooo worth it! I might even top mine with a scoop of ice cream. Why not? It’s my birthday!
If you like these Chocolate Nutella Cookie Bars with Sea Salt, you might also like:
- Chocolate Nutella Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Giant Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies with Sea Salt
Chocolate Nutella Cookie Bars with Sea Salt
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups chocolate chunks I used Lindt 70% EXCELLENCE Bars
- ½ cup Nutella
- Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks. Divide the dough in half. Press half of the dough into the prepared pan. Spread the Nutella over the dough. Top the Nutella evenly with the remaining cookie dough. It is ok if some of the Nutella peaks out, but try to cover it as much as possible. Sprinkle the cookie bars with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 30 minutes, or until cookie bars are set around the edges, but still a little soft in the center. Don't overbake. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. Cut into squares and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod