Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies-chocolate cookies with a gooey caramel center, pretzel pieces, and a sprinkling of sea salt. These cookies are sweet and salty perfection!
You guys are loving our Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies right now. They are going crazy on Pinterest and Facebook. I am so glad because they are one of my favorite cookies. I was going to make them the other day because Pinterest had me craving them like mad, but I decided to do a spin off of the cookies. I am always up for trying a new cookie recipe. This time, I made Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies. Oh man, they are soooooo good! Now, I don’t know which cookie I like better. They are both incredible.
If you are a chocaholic, like me, you will love these cookies. If you are a sweet and salty fanatic, like me, you will love these cookies. If you are a cookie monster, like me, you will love these cookies. These Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies really have everything going for them. They are pretty perfect.
The chocolate cookies are made with cocoa and chocolate chips. The chocolate flavor is rich and intense! There are pretzel pieces in the chocolate cookies AND an extra special surprise. Wait for it….a chewy, gooey caramel center! To complete the sweet and salty theme, I sprinkled the cookies with sea salt.
Oh, yeah!!!!!! Give me a stack and a tall glass of milk!
These cookies are SO good warm, when the caramel is still ooey and gooey and the chocolate chips are melty! I highly recommend you eat one right out of the oven.
If you like our Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies, I am sure you will love these Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies too. They are both amazing. And if you can’t decide which ones to bake? I say bake them both. You can never have too many cookies:)
If you like these cookies, you might also like:
- Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bars
Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- About 20 caramel candy squares cut in half (I use Kraft caramels)
- Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and sea salt.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the pretzel pieces and chocolate chips.
- Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Place a caramel piece in the center of the dough ball, making sure the cookie dough completely covers the caramel. This will prevent the caramel from oozing out in the oven. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle cookies with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.