Chopped Greek Salad made with romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, chickpeas, red onion, feta cheese, and a simple Greek dressing. Serve as a main dish salad or side salad, the flavors are incredible!
Favorite Greek Salad
When the weather starts to warm up, I am all about salads for lunch and dinner. One of my all-time favorite salads is this easy Chopped Greek Salad. I am always in the mood for Greek food and this Chopped Greek Salad has it ALL. It is a loaded salad, so you can enjoy it for lunch or dinner or serve it as a side salad with any meal. Every time I serve up this salad, it gets rave reviews from family and friends. The flavors are fresh, bold, and so delicious!
Chopped Greek Salad Ingredients
This Chopped Greek Salad is loaded with all of my favorite Greek ingredients. You get all of the best flavors in ONE salad.
- Romaine Lettuce-traditional Greek salad doesn’t have lettuce but I like to add chopped romaine to bulk up the salad and I like the fresh crunch.
- Cucumbers-Cool, crisp, and crunchy! I use a seedless English cucumber.
- Tomatoes-I like to use cherry or grape tomatoes, but you can chop up regular tomatoes too.
- Red Bell Pepper-I love adding red bell pepper for sweetness and color. Feel free to use green, yellow, or orange.
- Kalamata Olives-Make sure you use pitted kalamata olives. You don’t want to bit into an olive pit while you are enjoying your salad.
- Artichokes-Artichokes aren’t typically in Greek salads, but I love them so much, I had to add them in. Look for artichoke hearts in the canned vegetable aisle. Drain and chop them before adding to the salad. If you can’t find artichokes in water or brine, you can use marinated artichoke hearts.
- Chickpeas-I love adding chickpeas for a boost of protein. If you want to add chicken, steak, shrimp, or salmon to make a bigger meal out of this salad, you certainly can!
- Red Onion-Cut the red onion into think slices. The purple color makes the salad extra pretty!
- Feta Cheese-I like to buy a block of feta cheese and cut it into small cubes. If you can’t find a block of feta, you can use crumbled feta cheese.
- Pita Chips-The pita chips are optional, but SO good in my opinion. I like to make homemade pita chips, don’t worry, they are easy to make. You can break them up and toss them into the salad so they are like croutons or you can serve them on the side. Store bought pita chips will work too!
Greek Salad Dressing
The dressing for this Chopped Greek Salad is simple, made with ingredients you probably have in your kitchen already. To make the Greek Salad Dressing you will need: olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. In a jar or small bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together until well combined. You can keep the dressing in a jar or container, in the refrigerator for up to one week. Whisk before using.
How to Make Chopped Greek Salad
Once you have all of your Greek salad ingredients chopped and ready to go and your Greek Salad dressing made, you are ready to assemble the salad. In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients. Drizzle the salad dressing over the ingredients, using your desired amount, and toss until all of the ingredients are well coated. Serve immediately or the first day for best results.
This Greek Salad is a GREAT meal prep salad. You can chop up all of the ingredients in advance and keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the salad, even the dressing. You can even put all of the ingredients into meal prep containers so you have a grab and go salad ready in the fridge. Perfect for work lunches or easy dinners! Just keep the dressing in separate container on the side.
More Salad Recipes:
Chopped Greek Salad
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- 14 oz chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- Homemade pita chips, optional
- First, make the Greek salad dressing. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper, artichokes, red onion, kalamata olives, chickpeas, and feta cheese. If you are using the homemade pita chips, break them up into the salad or you can use store bought pita chips. Drizzle the salad with the Greek dressing and toss until all of the ingredients are well coated. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod