Cobb Salad Sandwich – this salad sandwich has all of the same ingredients as a Cobb salad, but in sandwich form! This salad sandwich is mighty, messy, and a great recipe for using up hard boiled eggs!
Easter Egg Overload? Try a Cobb Salad Sandwich!
We dyed a lot of Easter eggs over the weekend with my sister and her two cute kiddos. We made a mess, but it was totally worth it. We sent some eggs home with my sister, but we still have a fridge full. I am going to make a lot of Avocado Egg Salad sandwiches.
Josh likes my Avocado Egg Salad, but he came up with a sandwich of his own – a Cobb Salad Sandwich. It has all of the same ingredients as a Cobb salad but in sandwich form!
Big, Messy and Delicious Salad Sandwich
When Josh was getting out all of the ingredients for his sandwich, there were a lot of items laid out. I asked him how he thought he was going to fit them all in between two slices of bread. He said he could do it. I believed him, but I didn’t know how he was going to eat it! Josh has a big mouth, but not in size.:)
How to Make a Cobb Salad Sandwich
Josh added the ingredients in layers. He started with a thin layer of mayo. Next, he added lettuce, turkey, tomatoes, egg slices, avocado, bacon, red onion, and finally blue cheese. Josh used turkey because it’s his favorite, but you can use chicken or leftover Easter ham if you’ve got it!
He topped the salad sandwich off with another slice of bread and smooshed the sandwich down. The sandwich really didn’t do any smooshing though. It was still as big as ever. He cut it in half and did a few mouth exercises to warm up. He opened wide and went in for the kill. He couldn’t talk for a few minutes, but he was Mmmming the entire time. He loved his newly-created Cobb salad sandwich.
Josh shared his salad sandwich with Caleb…don’t worry, he cut it up in little pieces for our little guy. Caleb loved the sandwich just as much as his daddy. The bacon and avocado were his favorite part. I am glad Caleb takes after both of us:)
Get your sandwich on and make a Cobb Salad Sandwich! Make sure you have a napkin nearby, it might get messy!
If you like this Cobb Salad Sandwich, you might also like:
- Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich
- Egg Salad
- Cucumber Avocado Sandwich
- Bacon Caprese Sandwich
- Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich
Cobb Salad Sandwich
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 4 slices bread Josh used sourdough
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 2 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over bread slices. Cover 2 bread slices with lettuce, turkey, tomato, egg, avocado, bacon, red onion, and blue cheese-dividing the ingredients evenly between both sandwiches. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread slices. Cut in half. Skewer each half with a toothpick to hold the sandwich together...or just start eating!