This creamy goat cheese farro salad is made with arugula, tomatoes, corn, and basil, making it the perfect summer salad. Serve as a side salad or enjoy as your main meal.
Easy Farro Salad
Creamy Goat Cheese & Arugula Farro Salad is wonderful for summer. Adding goat cheese in right after cooking the farro, while it’s still warm, makes for a creamy and delicious dish that’s great as a side to your favorite dinner. You could also add some shredded chicken to turn this into a fantastic main dish!
How to Cook Farro
Farro is a grain! It’s prepared a lot like pasta, by cooking it in hot water until it softens. It’s quite a bit smaller in size than traditional pastas, so I usually use it in soups and salads. Trader Joe’s has a quick cooking farro that makes this recipe even easier! To cook farro…
- In a medium saucepan, combine farro and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low and simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the farro is tender.
- Drain the broth from the farro and return the farro to the pan, it’s that easy!
Farro Salad Ingredients
A few of my favorite summer veggies make this dish really flavorful and fun to put together. I love how colorful it all looks once assembled! You’ll be adding in…
- Lemon juice
- Corn (I like to use fresh sweet corn, but you can use frozen corn)
- Grape tomatoes
- Green onion
- Fresh basil
And let’s not forget about the secret ingredient, goat cheese! And if you don’t think you like goat cheese, just try this salad. I promise it is SO good! When you add the goat cheese to a the warm farro, it melts and incorporates that amazing flavor in every bite. The lemon in this recipe gives it a bright and summery element that pairs so well with goat cheese! Plus, all of those veggies and herbs…this salad is a powerhouse of flavor!
If you want to add protein to the salad, you can stir in chickpeas, white beans, shredded or grilled chicken, or steak. All are good options!
How to Store Leftover Farro Salad
This Creamy Goat Cheese & Arugula Farro Salad makes really yummy leftovers. Just pop it in the refrigerator and serve it for lunch or dinner…or even breakfast. I think it would be great along side some scrambled eggs. You can enjoy it cold or heat it up in the microwave, I like it both ways. You can store this farro salad in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Summer Salad Recipes:
Creamy Goat Cheese and Arugula Farro Salad
- In a medium saucepan, combine farro and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low and simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until the farro is tender. Drain the broth from the farro and return the farro to the pan.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese to the pan and stir until farro is coated and creamy. Add in the olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Pour the farro into a large serving bowl. Add the arugula, corn, tomatoes, sliced green onions, and basil. Stir until arugula is well coated in the goat cheese and the salad is well mixed. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately or chill and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod