Summer Arugula Salad with Israeli couscous, avocado, corn, tomatoes, cheese, pepitas, and a simple basil vinaigrette. This fresh and easy salad goes great with any summer meal or can be your meal!
Are you ready for the long weekend? Let’s get this party started, right? But first, we have to talk about this Summer Arugula Salad with Basil Vinaigrette because you NEED to make it this weekend. It is the PERFECT summer salad.
This salad is summer in a giant bowl and perfect for summer barbecues, potlucks, and picnics. It is also perfect for every day summer meals. This salad goes great with any meal or it can be your entire meal. It is filling and loaded with summery goodness!
So what’s in this easy, fresh, and delicious summer salad?
- Israeli couscous
- white cheddar cheese
Oh, and we can’t forget the most amazing part? The basil vinaigrette! My basil vinaigrette recipe is my all-time favorite salad dressing and is SO good on this salad. So good you will wan to lick the bottom of your bowl or plate. It makes the salad!
I love this salad because it is hearty and full of flavor. All of the ingredients work together. You might be thinking, white cheddar, really? Yep, really. It works SO well in this salad. I shred it so it blends right in and you get a little bit of cheesiness in every single bite.
A few salad notes:
- I love using arugula for the base of this salad because I love the spicy, peppery flavor. If you don’t have arugula, any greens will work.
- You can make the Israeli couscous in advance so it is ready to add to the salad. If you need the salad to be gluten-free you can use quinoa instead of the Israeli couscous, it is made of wheat. You can also leave the couscous out, the salad will still be tasty.
- If you are taking the salad to a potluck or party, wait to dress the salad until you are ready to serve it.
- I am sure this salad would be tasty with other salad dressing, but I HIGHLY recommend my basil vinaigrette. Again, it really makes this salad!
- You can make the basil vinaigrette in advance. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I ALWAYS have a jar in the fridge during the summer. It is a staple at our house.
We hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend! Enjoy the sunshine, time with loved ones, and this Summer Arugula Salad with Basil Vinaigrette. It is the perfect salad to kick-off summer! Enjoy!
If you like this Summer Arugula Salad with Basil Vinaigrette, you might also like:
- Arugula Pasta Salad
- Melon Arugula Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Grilled Peach, Blueberry, and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad
- Mango, Strawberry, and Avocado Arugula Salad
Summer Arugula Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 cup cooked Israeli couscous
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1 ear of sweet corn kernels removed
- 1/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- Basil vinaigrette for dressing the salad
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, cooked Israeli couscous, tomatoes, avocado, corn, white cheddar cheese, and pepitas. Drizzle the salad with basil vinaigrette and toss until combined. Serve immediately.