Easy Summer Pasta Salad
Easy Summer Pasta Salad-a simple pasta salad recipe that is perfect for all of your summer BBQ’s and potlucks!
Every summer our neighborhood has a huge BBQ at the park across from our house. We attend every year and this year Josh and I were asked to help with the food. I wonder why…ha! The menu was easy: hamburgers, hot dogs, green salad, pasta salad, chips, watermelon, and ice cream bars for dessert. The only tricky part was making all of this food for 200 people. We had a busy day in the kitchen! It was worth it though because everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food.
The party was a few weeks ago and I am still getting requests for the pasta salad recipe. So instead of writing it down or emailing it out to our neighborhood, I decided to share the recipe on our blog. That is why we have a blog:)
So today you are all getting the Easy Summer Pasta Salad recipe we made for our neighborhood BBQ. I hope this makes you feel like you are part of our neighborhood. I wish you could all really be our neighbors. I could sure use some more cookie samplers:)
I love this pasta salad because it is loaded with fresh summer vegetables. It is a great recipe for using up all of the vegetables from your garden or farmers market haul. The vegetables make the salad bright and colorful!
For the salad, we used DeLallo’s Farfalle pasta. I love using butterfly pasta because it is pretty and fun to eat! To the pasta, we added tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, artichokes, fresh basil, and feta cheese. We tossed the salad with balsamic dressing. I cheated and used store bought balsamic dressing since we were making pasta salad for 200 hundred people. You can easily make your own dressing if you wish, but sometimes it’s nice to cheat:)
This Easy Summer Pasta Salad is a great recipe to take to summer BBQ’s and potlucks. It transports well and can be made for the masses. You can easily double, triple, or times this recipe by 10 if you need to. Just make sure you have a big bowl:) We also love eating this pasta salad for lunch or dinner. It is good for any summer meal! Enjoy!
Easy Summer Pasta Salad
This Easy Summer Pasta Salad recipe is loaded with summer vegetables and perfect for summer BBQ’s and potlucks.
Yield: Serves 8-10
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound dry pasta (we used farfalle)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 large seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 (12 oz) jar artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup store bought balsamic dressing (use your favorite brand)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, then rinse with cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, peppers, cucumber, artichoke hearts, and tomatoes. Pour the balsamic dressing over the pasta salad and gently stir to combine. Add the feta cheese and basil and stir again. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!