This easy Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad is always the most popular side dish at parties and potlucks!
We had a barbecue over the weekend and I was going to make spinach artichoke dip, but I didn’t want to turn on the oven because it was hot outside and I didn’t want to heat up our house even more. So instead, I made Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad. You can’t go wrong with a pasta salad during the hot summer months, especially this one!
If you like the classic spinach artichoke dip, you will love this easy pasta salad. It has all of the same flavors of the beloved dip, but in pasta salad form. The pasta salad is creamy with spinach, artichokes, and Parmesan cheese.
A few tips for making the pasta salad:
- I use DeLallo whole wheat pasta, but you can use your favorite pasta. Gluten-free is fine too.
- For the dressing, I use a mixture of plain Greek yogurt, olive oil mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, green onions, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper. The dressing makes the pasta salad creamy and delicious.
- Salt the pasta salad after adding the Parmesan cheese because the Parmesan cheese will add salt to the dish. Season to taste.
- The salad can be made in advance. Keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- I like to add fresh basil to the pasta salad before serving, but that is optional.
This Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for all of your summer potlucks and parties. It also makes a great summer dinner. I like to serve it with watermelon slices and grilled corn…my idea of the perfect summer meal! And the 4th of July is right around the corner, add this pasta salad to your holiday menu!
If you like this Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad, you might also like:
Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- 1 lb pasta such as fusilli or penne whole wheat or gluten-free is fine
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise I use olive oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 15 oz cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil chopped, optional
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta and run cold water over it. Place the pasta in the large bowl with the Greek yogurt mixture. Stir until pasta is coated in the creamy dressing. Add the artichoke hearts, chopped spinach, green onions, and Parmesan cheese. Stir again. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Garnish with fresh basil, if using. Serve.
- Note-the pasta salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.