Taco Pizza- flatbread topped with beans, taco meat, salsa, cheese, and all of your favorite taco toppings! This easy taco pizza makes a great quick and easy weeknight dinner!
If you are looking to shake up your regular taco night or pizza night, make Taco Pizza! You get the best of both worlds in one EASY recipe!
This is a great recipe for an easy weeknight meal, game day, or for whenever you are entertaining friends and family. You can let everyone choose their favorite toppings and customize their own pizza.
Kids and adults go crazy for this easy taco pizza!
Taco Flatbread Pizza Ingredients
- Olive oil or avocado oil– use your favorite!
- Ground beef– you can also use ground turkey or ground chicken! If you want to make a vegetarian taco pizza, you can leave off the meat and add more beans!
- Spices– chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano for seasoning the meat.
- Flatbread– I use store bought Stonefire flatbread. You can buy 2 large ones or use 4 regular/medium size. If you can’t find flatbread, you can use pita bread and make taco pita pizzas.
- Refried beans– I use our homemade refried beans, they are easy to make and SO good! But you can use canned refried beans.
- Salsa or taco sauce– I use our easy blender salsa, it’s the best! Taco sauce is good too!
- Shredded cheese-Mexican blend or cheddar cheese! If you want a kick, you can even use pepper jack!
How to Make Easy Taco Pizza
There are only a few steps! Let’s get cooking!
- First brown the taco meat, breaking up the meat into small pieces using a wooden spoon. Season with spices and simmer with a little water until thickened.
- Place the flatbreads on 2 large baking sheets.
- Spread equal amounts of the refried beans on top of each flatbread. Spread a little salsa or taco sauce over the beans. Top evenly with cooked taco meat and shredded cheese. You might have leftover taco meat, depending on how thick you like your meat layer.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Taco Pizza Toppings
When the taco pizza comes out of the oven, you can top it with all of your favorite taco toppings! Here are some of our favorites!
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Cotija Cheese or Queso Fresco
- Pickled Red Onions or Sliced Green Onions
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
More Easy Flatbread Recipes
- Brussels Sprouts Flatbread
- Mushroom Flatbread with Crispy Sage
- Tomato Avocado Burrata Flatbread
- Meyer Lemon Kale and Goat Cheese Flatbread
Easy Taco Pizza
For the taco meat:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup water
For the Flatbread:
- Store bought flatbreads*
- 1 cup refried beans, homemade or canned
- 1/4 cup salsa or taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Pickled red onions
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To make the taco meat: In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat into small pieces using a wooden spoon. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Pour in the water and let simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Place the flatbreads on 2 large baking sheets. Spread equal amounts of the refried beans on top of each flatbread. Spread a little salsa or taco sauce over the beans. Top evenly with cooked taco meat and shredded cheese. You might have leftover taco meat, depending on how thick you like your meat layer.
- Place the baking sheets into the hot oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cotija cheese, pickled red onions, and chopped cilantro. Or whatever toppings you want! Serve warm and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod