Brussels Sprouts Flatbread-this easy vegetarian brussels sprouts pizza only takes 20 minutes to make. It is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or served as a party appetizer.
Brussels sprouts are my jam, I love them roasted, in salads, chopped, in pasta, and on pizza! And when I am craving sprouts on pizza, but don’t want to take the time to make homemade pizza, I make Brussels Sprouts Flatbread. It’s the bomb, yep, I just said the bomb because sometimes that saying is necessary when the recipe is in fact the super duper delicious! This easy flatbread pizza only takes 20 minutes to make and is a great quick and easy dinner or party appetizer.
To keep this recipe super simple, I use store bought flatbread. It is a lifesaver for quick and easy weeknight meals and for easy holiday entertaining. I used a large rectangular flatbread to make one pizza, but you can use smaller mini flatbreads too.
The flatbread is topped with three kinds of cheese.
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
I season the ricotta cheese with garlic, fresh lemon juice, and crushed red pepper flakes. I also stir in half of the Parmesan cheese into the ricotta mixture. The cheesy ricotta mixture is the “sauce” and it is SO good.
I sauté the onion and brussels sprouts for a few minutes before putting them on the flatbread. This helps them soften up and brings out their flavors.
Spread the flatbread with the ricotta cheese mixture and top with shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. FYI-I’ve used fontina cheese instead of mozzarella before and it is super tasty too. Top with the sautéd sprouts and onion and add them to the pizza.
Place in the oven until the flatbread is golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty. Remove from the oven and squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the top. Don’t skip this step. The little kick of citrus makes the pizza SO good. You can also add extra parmesan cheese if you wish. Remember, you can never have too much cheese. Cut into slices and ENJOY!
You are 20 minutes away from eating this Brussels Sprouts flatbread. It makes a great easy meal or party appetizer! I can’t wait to serve it during the holiday season. And it’s pizza so our boys ate it…YES!!!
If you like this easy flatbread recipe, you might also like:
- Mushroom Fontina Flatbread
- Tomato, Avocado, and Burrata Flatbread
- Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Asparagus Flatbread
- Meyer Lemon, Kale, and Goat Cheese Flatbread
Brussels Sprouts Flatbread
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 2 small cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large store bought flatbread individual flatbreads would work too
- Additional Parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, fresh lemon juice, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the sliced Brussels sprouts and sliced red onion. Cook for 3 minutes, just until Brussels sprouts and red onions are softened. Set aside.
- Place the flatbread on a large baking sheet. Spread the ricotta cheese mixture evenly over the flatbread with a spatula. Top evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese, remaining Parmesan cheese, Brussels sprouts, and onions.
- Place the flatbread in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and the flatbread is golden brown. Remove from the oven and squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the top. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese, if desired. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod