Fall Panzanella Salad-bread salad with butternut squash, brussels sprouts, apple, dried cranberries, pepitas, goat cheese, and kale. This easy fall salad is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving!
This post is sponsored by Kroger.
Panzanella Salad is my favorite. How could you not like a salad that has bread in it? Ok, maybe bread in a salad sounds a little weird, but it’s not soggy bread. The bread is crusty and will remind you of croutons. I promise, it is a good thing. Carbs in a salad, it has to be a good thing:)
I am currently obsessed with this Fall Panzanella Salad. It has all of my favorite fall flavors in one salad…with toasted bread. It is a great side dish for Thanksgiving or any fall meal.
So what is in my fall panzanella salad?
- toasted bread cubes
- butternut squash
- brussels sprouts
- red onion
- dried cranberries
- goat cheese
This is one loaded salad! I buy all of the ingredients at Smith’s. They sell amazing artisan bread that is baked fresh every day. I love the Rosemary Olive Oil loaf from La Brea Bakery for this recipe. It’s so good and compliments all of the fall flavors.
I cut the bread into cubes and toast it up in the oven. You want to get it nice and toasty before adding it to the other ingredients. Remember, you don’t want soggy bread:)
Once you have your toasted bread cubes, you can add in all of the delicious vegetables. I roast the vegetables to bring out the best flavor. Pro-tip, you can buy precut butternut squash and trimmed brussels sprouts at Smith’s in the produce section. I am always looking for time savers during the busy holiday season. Thank you Smith’s!
To finish up the salad, add in pepitas, dried cranberries, and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle with a simple maple mustard dressing and you will have the BEST fall salad.
Add this Fall Panzanella Salad to your Thanksgiving menu this year. It is a great side dish to serve along side your holiday meal. Enjoy!
If you like this Fall Panzanella Salad, you might also like:
- Apple, Grape, and Candied Pecan Salad
- Apple Walnut Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic, Blue Cheese, and Pecans
- Kale Brussels Sprouts Salad
Fall Panzanella Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 (14.5 oz) loaf Rosemary Olive Oil bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (can use Italian bread)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 lb. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1/3 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 4 oz goat cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Kroger apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Kroger Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the bread cubes on a large baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the bread is toasted. Remove and set aside.
- Turn the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and red onion on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until vegetables are well coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- While the vegetables are cooling, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the toasted bread cubes, roasted vegetables, kale, apple, dried cranberries, pepitas, and goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss well. Serve.
- Note-this salad is best the day it is made.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
What a gorgeous fall salad for Thanksgiving! This will be a big hit!
I can’t wait to make it again for Thanksgiving!
Yup, panzanella salads are my favorite too and I make one for every season. This has all my Fall favorites!
My favorites too!
THE FAMOUS FALL PANZANELLA SALAD!!!!! Looks awesome 🙂 🙂
Wow, this is defiantly a loaded salad. Love it!
This is beautiful! I love all of the ingredients!
Can you use spinach instead of kale?
Yes, spinach would be good too!
Fallin’ for this fall salad <3 <3
I am obsessed!
All the fall faves in one amazing salad!
These are all my favorite fall ingredients! So smart to use the rosemary bread – I bet that kicks things up a notch!
If I wanted to meal prep this what would you say to do for the apples? Not sure this would work for that with the apples getting brown but I would love for it to work for prep since it looks amazing
yum… this looks amazing! i can’t wait to try it out. thank you for sharing!
made this yesterday with feta instead of goats cheese and crispy prosciutto. so darn good!
I made this the other night for a dinner party, sooooo good! Totally making it again.
Tonight I am making salmon for dinner and will you this salad dressing as the marinade for the salmon
Glad you loved it!
I want to make this, but we don’t like Brussel sprouts. What can we swap out for it? Looks so yummy though.
You can just leave them out or add in roasted broccoli, cauliflower, or sweet potatoes.
About how many does this feed??
How many people does this serve? I need to have enough ingredients for 8.
I was wondering the same thing!
Around 10, served as a side dish.
Delicious, so glad we made this for thanksgiving dinner
Tried this recipe yesterday and it was amazing!!! Loved all the textures and flavors. DELICIOUS!!
A fall favorite indeed!
Really enjoying this salad! This recipe is a keeper. I’ll be making it again. Thank you!
My weekly go-to salad all year long without the bread! So awesome!