Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas
Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas-a simple, fresh, and healthy recipe that is perfect for summertime!
Earlier this month, I shared a recipe for Zucchini, Corn, and Avocado Salsa and I haven’t stopped eating it. It is a summer staple at our house. I decided to take the same flavors and create an actual meal, Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas. There is nothing wrong with chips and salsa for dinner, but it is nice to mix things up! And now I want to eat these tostadas every night for dinner! They are SO good!
Grilled veggies are my life during the summertime. I love them! I had Josh grill up some zucchini and fresh sweet corn for our tostadas. I love that he doesn’t mind standing out in the hot sun to grill up dinner:)
I made the tostada shells while Josh was manning the grill. I baked flour tortillas to create a crispy tostada shell. You can also use corn tortillas if you need the tostadas to be gluten-free, both are great!
I love baking the tortillas because they are healthier and I don’t have to mess with hot oil! You will never know the tortillas are baked and not fried because they are super crispy and delicious.
We topped the tostadas with:
- grilled zucchini
- green onion
- cotija cheese
- fresh lime juice
These Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas are going to make a regular appearance at our dinner table. We loved the crispy tostada shells with all of the fresh and healthy toppings! Caleb called his tostada a “giant chip.” He was having fun eating his tostada!
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal for summertime, make these Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas!
If you like these easy tostadas, you might also like:
- Cheesy Guacamole Tostadas
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Tostadas
- Tofu Tostadas
- Butternut Squash Black Bean Tostadas
Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas
Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas are the perfect summer meal!
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 soft flour tortillas or corn tortillas (taco size)
- 3 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 ears sweet corn, husked
- Olive oil, for brushing zucchini and corn
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, pit removed and chopped
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray both sides of the flour tortillas with cooking spray. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on each side of the tortilla. Using a fork, poke little holes all over the tortillas. This will prevent them from puffing up in the oven. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes, then turn tortillas over, and bake for 3-5 minutes longer until the tortillas are crisp and light brown. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush the zucchini and corn lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place zucchini and sweet corn on hot grill and cook until charred and just beginning to soften, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool to room temperature. Chop the zucchini into pieces. With a sharp knife, carefully remove the corn kernels from the grilled sweet corn ears.
- Top each crisp tortilla with zucchini, corn, green onion, cilantro, and avocado. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top and garnish with cotija cheese. Serve immediately.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: this post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own.