Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas-a simple, fresh, and healthy recipe that is perfect for summertime!
Earlier this month, I shared a recipe for Zucchini, Corn, and Avocado Salsa and I haven’t stopped eating it. It is a summer staple at our house. I decided to take the same flavors and create an actual meal, Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas. There is nothing wrong with chips and salsa for dinner, but it is nice to mix things up! And now I want to eat these tostadas every night for dinner! They are SO good!
Grilled veggies are my life during the summertime. I love them! I had Josh grill up some zucchini and fresh sweet corn for our tostadas. I love that he doesn’t mind standing out in the hot sun to grill up dinner:)
I made the tostada shells while Josh was manning the grill. I baked flour tortillas to create a crispy tostada shell. You can also use corn tortillas if you need the tostadas to be gluten-free, both are great!
I love baking the tortillas because they are healthier and I don’t have to mess with hot oil! You will never know the tortillas are baked and not fried because they are super crispy and delicious.
We topped the tostadas with:
- grilled zucchini
- green onion
- cotija cheese
- fresh lime juice
These Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas are going to make a regular appearance at our dinner table. We loved the crispy tostada shells with all of the fresh and healthy toppings! Caleb called his tostada a “giant chip.” He was having fun eating his tostada!
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal for summertime, make these Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas!
If you like these easy tostadas, you might also like:
- Cheesy Guacamole Tostadas
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Tostadas
- Tofu Tostadas
- Butternut Squash Black Bean Tostadas
Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas
- 6 soft flour tortillas or corn tortillas taco size
- 3 small zucchini cut in half lengthwise
- 2 ears sweet corn husked
- Olive oil for brushing zucchini and corn
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 ripe avocados pit removed and chopped
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray both sides of the flour tortillas with cooking spray. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on each side of the tortilla. Using a fork, poke little holes all over the tortillas. This will prevent them from puffing up in the oven. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes, then turn tortillas over, and bake for 3-5 minutes longer until the tortillas are crisp and light brown. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush the zucchini and corn lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place zucchini and sweet corn on hot grill and cook until charred and just beginning to soften, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool to room temperature. Chop the zucchini into pieces. With a sharp knife, carefully remove the corn kernels from the grilled sweet corn ears.
- Top each crisp tortilla with zucchini, corn, green onion, cilantro, and avocado. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top and garnish with cotija cheese. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure: this post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own.
I have seriously been grilling ALL the corn and zucchini…I can’t get enough of it! BUT, I have yet to put it on a tostada. My taste buds thank you! Pinned!
We’ve been grilling so many veggies. I’m going to be super sad when it gets too cold to use the grill around here. Until then, I should be making these! I don’t know why a tostada never crossed my mind…yum!
These are total summer tostadas!! LOVE this idea!
Wish I had a grill to make this! Would broiling work?
Now this is a great looking tostada! Love these flavors!!
Love the summer veggies here!
these look so totally delicious Maria! right up my alley!
i follow HEB on facebook too!
What a fabulous looking summer meal!
Love that you grilled the zucchini, so good with why avocado!
This is my kind of summer dinner! So gorgeous!!
You’re right this definitely is perfect for the summer! Love easy meals like this 🙂
LOVE all the ingredients on this!! Definitely perfect for summer!
Love the fresh ingredients in your tostada! I’m a huge tostada fan and I agree that baking the shells is the way to go, rather than messing with oil and all the fat it adds…
Healthy & tasty bites! Love 🙂
I love how this screams summer! looks and sounds great.
This looks delicious! I never thought about baking the tortilla. Thanks so much for that tip. I’m sure it would work well with corn tortillas, right? Pinning this – thanks, again!
I would love this for lunch! And, I haven’t made it here yet to congrat you on Maxwell! He’s beautiful!
sounds delish! But if I’ve got the grill going to cook the veggies, I’m going to heat the tortilla on there too, no reason to turn on the oven on a hot summer day.
Perfect summer meal, love the grilled zucchini!
YUM! this just inspired a tostada dinner party.
Gosh these sound so delicious!
My neighbor has been giving me a constant supply of zucchini. I’ll have to try these soon.
I don’t usually comment, but I wanted to let you know we’ve had these for dinner 2-3 times a week for the past month! We LOVE this recipe! Thank you!
I am so glad you are enjoying the tostadas! Thanks for letting us know!
We had these last week and I loved them SO…much! The flavor combos are so amazing! Love your recipes every time!
Glad you liked the tostadas!
I can’t find cotija cheese in my local grocery. What would be a good substitute? Feta? I’m looking forward to making this if there’s a good substitute!
Queso fresco, most stores should have it. Enjoy!