Hazelnut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies-soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies filled with chopped hazelnuts and sweet toffee pieces. These chocolate chip cookies are a real treat!
I found these Hazelnut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie photos on my computer last week and realized that I never shared the recipe. OOPS! I don’t know how I forgot about these cookies because they are one of my very favorite cookies. I am a HUGE hazelnut and toffee fan, especially when they are combined in a chocolate chip cookie. It’s pretty much cookie perfection.
I asked on Instagram, using the nifty new poll feature, if you guys wanted me to still share the chocolate chip cookie recipe, even though the photos are a little old, and the response was YES!!! You guys love your cookies. I am so happy we are cookie friends:) I am just sorry it took me so long to get this recipe on the blog. I think you will forgive me after you eat one cookie. They are SO worth the wait!
I am normally not a nut in my cookie kind of gal, but the hazelnuts are a game changer in these cookies. Trust me on this one! They add a nice crunch and an amazing flavor.
I also added toffee because I am always a toffee gal. Toffee is always a good idea. And of course we have to have chocolate chips because they are chocolate chip cookies. They are actually glorified chocolate chip cookies because the hazelnuts and toffee make them even better. Oh, and there is sea salt sprinkled on top because sea salt is the secret to a really good cookie. Well, I guess it’s not a secret anymore because I just told you. The secret is OUT!
I really think you should bake a batch TODAY! I am going to!
If you like these Hazelnut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies, you might also like:
- Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Nutella Cookies
- Brown Butter Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Hazelnut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup usalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped hazelnuts skins removed
- ¾ cup Heath Toffee Bits
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until flour is just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, chopped hazelnuts, and toffee bits.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheet, placing the cookies 2-inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod