Jam Almond Crumb Bars-use your favorite jam to make these sweet crumbly almond bars! They are perfect for brown bag lunches, picnics, or every day dessert!
Remember that time when I made homemade Blackberry Chia Seed Jam? Yeah, I am totally domestic. I can’t sew on a button, but I can make a killer batch of jam:) And you can too, because it is super easy! There is no canning involved, but let’s pretend it is hard to make so I can feel like Martha Stewart.
Anyways, I had a jar of my special homemade Blackberry Chia Seed Jam in the fridge and decided it would be fun to make a treat with it. Of course, I am always thinking about dessert:) I used my blackberry jam to make Jam Almond Crumb Bars and I am so glad I did because they are a real treat!
I will warn you up front, these bars are pretty addicting. I tried to make them a little healthier by using whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and my Blackberry Chia Seed Jam. The bars also have almonds which are a good source of healthy fats, so I am pretty sure you can eat these for breakfast and feel ok about it. I did:)
The bars have three layers: a sweet crust, jam center, and an almond crumb topping.
Don’t worry, the bars aren’t complicated to make. The three layers come together in no time! You could probably them in your sleep!
I loved using my Blackberry Chia Seed Jam, but feel free to use your favorite jam. Raspberry, strawberry, or apricot would be tasty too!
I know I am going to be making these bars again and again! I love the crumble almond topping paired with the sweet jam!
Jam Almond Crumb Bars are perfect for brown bag lunches, picnics, every day dessert…or even breakfast! The jam counts as a serving of fruit, right? 🙂 Enjoy!
More Bar Desserts
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars
- Peach Raspberry Crumb Bars
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumb Bars
- Lemon Zucchini Bars
Jam Almond Crumb Bars
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup fruit jam (I used Blackberry Chia Seed Jam)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream coconut oil and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix until combined, the dough will be crumbly. Stir in the sliced almonds.
- Stir the jam to loosen it up. Gently press half of dough into bottom of prepared baking dish. Evenly spread jam over dough. Sprinkle remaining dough over the top, making sure you cover the entire bars. Press gently to form the top layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool completely and cut into squares.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.