Peach Raspberry Crumb Bars have a buttery crust, sweet fruit filling, and delicious crumb topping. These easy pie bars are a favorite summer dessert.
Utah peaches are finally ripe and ready and that makes our family VERY happy. Utah peaches are the BEST! We look forward to peach season every year. I love making peach butter, peach pie, peach crisp, peach salsa, peach oatmeal, and even grilled peach salads. I kind of go peach crazy, I have to enjoy all of the juiciness while I can. This year, we are loving these Peach Raspberry Crumb Bars. The peach raspberry combo is divine!
I am normally more of a chocolate dessert gal, but not when these easy crumb bars are an option. I love everything about them.
- the thick, buttery crust
- the sweet peach raspberry filling
- the buttery crumb topping
Yes, there is a lot of butter involved and that is a VERY good thing:)
Oh, I also love that the bars are easy to make and are made in a 9×13 pan. No fuss desserts are my favorite, especially when they feed a crowd.
These easy crumb bars are great for summer parties. Take them to a BBQ, pool party, or pack them in your picnic basket.
The bars will remind you of pie, especially when you serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This is our favorite way to eat the bars. Summer dessert heaven!
Pick up some fresh peaches and raspberries and make these crumb bars before the summer is over! They are a summer dessert MUST!
If you like these Peach Raspberry Crumb Bars, you might also like:
Peach Raspberry Crumb Bars
For the Peach Raspberry Filling:
- 3 cups diced peeled peaches
- 2 cups raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3 teaspoons cornstarch depending how juicy your fruit is, see note below
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Turbinado sugar-for sprinkling on top of the bars optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- For peach raspberry filling, place the diced peaches and raspberries in a large bowl and add the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and honey. Gently stir.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour over the fruit mixture and gently stir. Set aside.
- For the dough, in a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two forks until butter is mixed in, but you still have small pea size chunks of butter.
- Mix the vanilla and egg together. Add into the flour and butter mixture and combine. The dough will be crumbly. Pat half of the dough into the prepared pan.
- Spread the peach raspberry mixture evenly over the bottom crust. Crumble the remaining dough over the fruit layer. Sprinkle turbinado sugar, if using.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and fruit it starting to bubble a little on the sides. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve. We like the bars with vanilla ice cream.
- Note-if you are using frozen raspberries, use 3 teaspoons cornstarch because the raspberries will be more juicy as they defrost with the peaches.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod