Loaded Cheese Fries – baked fries loaded with cheese and lots of toppings! These cheese fries are perfect for game day, parties, or any day!
Cheese Fries – The Perfect Party Dish
The madness has begun! Yahoo! I love this time of year. I am not talking about spring cleaning, cleaning is on my to-do list and my closet and pantry are looking pretty mad, but I am talking about basketball! It is March Madness time! I will get to cleaning when the tournament is over. I have too many games to watch!
Our brackets are filled out and we are ready to be glued to the television for the next few weeks! I love a good upset, as long as it’s not my team, and I LOVE game day food! We always have friends over to watch the tournament. One of our favorite March Madness snacks are these Loaded Cheese Fries. Loaded, cheese, fries…YES! What’s not to love?
His and Hers Cheese Fries
Josh and I usually cheer for different teams, it keeps the tournament fun. We also have different tastes when it comes to our Loaded Cheese Fries, so we always make “His and Hers” cheese fries.
Josh likes regular Russet potatoes, while I prefer sweet potatoes. We usually make a big pan of fries, half of the pan is His and half of the pan is Hers! It works! We bake the fries in the oven until they are crispy and then we get cheesy and go topping crazy!
His Loaded Fries
Josh likes to top his cheese fries loaded with Arla Dofino Jalapeño Havarti cheese, bacon, jalapeños, green onions, avocado, and sour cream. The Jalapeño Havarti Cheese gives the fries a nice kick. Josh likes spicy so he adds sliced jalapeños too! His fries have a lot of goodness going on!
My Loaded Fries
I load up my sweet potato cheese fries with Arla Dofino Chili-Lime Gouda cheese, cilantro, green onion, and avocado. The Chili-Lime Gouda Cheese is amazing and so good melted all over my fries. Mmmmm!
Mad for Cheese Fries
If you are having a March Madness party, now you know how to make Cheese Fries – 2 kinds! You can lay out the choices, and let your guests choose their own fries and toppings! These fries are fun to make and eat!
And if you are wondering which fries Caleb prefers…he likes them both. He eats from both sides of the pan. Smart kiddo:) Bring on the games, bring on the madness, and bring on the Loaded Cheese Fries!
If you like these loaded cheese fries, you might also like:
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- 3-Ingredient Roasted Parmesan Pesto Potatoes
- Smoked Paprika Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Loaded Cheese Fries
For the Fries:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes washed, peeled, and cut into fries
- 2 medium russet potatoes washed and cut into fries
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Maria's Toppings (sweet potatoes):
- 1 cup 8 ounces Arla Dofino Chili-Lime Gouda, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 avocado diced
Josh's Toppings (regular potatoes):
- 1 1/4 cup 10 ounces Arla Dofino Jalapeño Havarti, shredded
- 3 strips cooked bacon chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place sweet potatoes and potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until fries are well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. If the fries are too crowded, you can use two baking sheets. When we use one baking sheet, we keep the sweet potato fries on one side and the regular potatoes on the other side. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the fries over with a spatula. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until fries are crisp around the edges and tender on the inside.
- Remove from oven and top fries with shredded cheese. I like to use Arla Dofino Chili-Lime Gouda on the sweet potato fries. Josh likes to use Arla Dofino Jalapeño Havarti. Return to hot oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings. For the sweet potato fries, I like to use cilantro, green onion, and avocado. Josh likes to cover his fries with bacon, jalapeño slices, avocado, and sour cream. Serve immediately.
- Note-feel free to add your favorite toppings! We like to make loaded cheese fries when we have friends over. We let our guests top their fries with whatever they want! It is a fun party recipe!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is in partnership with Arla Dofino, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.