Loaded Cheese Fries – baked fries loaded with cheese and lots of toppings! These cheese fries are perfect for game day, parties, or any day!
Cheese Fries – The Perfect Party Dish
The madness has begun! Yahoo! I love this time of year. I am not talking about spring cleaning, cleaning is on my to-do list and my closet and pantry are looking pretty mad, but I am talking about basketball! It is March Madness time! I will get to cleaning when the tournament is over. I have too many games to watch!
Our brackets are filled out and we are ready to be glued to the television for the next few weeks! I love a good upset, as long as it’s not my team, and I LOVE game day food! We always have friends over to watch the tournament. One of our favorite March Madness snacks are these Loaded Cheese Fries. Loaded, cheese, fries…YES! What’s not to love?
His and Hers Cheese Fries
Josh and I usually cheer for different teams, it keeps the tournament fun. We also have different tastes when it comes to our Loaded Cheese Fries, so we always make “His and Hers” cheese fries.
Josh likes regular Russet potatoes, while I prefer sweet potatoes. We usually make a big pan of fries, half of the pan is His and half of the pan is Hers! It works! We bake the fries in the oven until they are crispy and then we get cheesy and go topping crazy!
His Loaded Fries
Josh likes to top his cheese fries loaded with Arla Dofino Jalapeño Havarti cheese, bacon, jalapeños, green onions, avocado, and sour cream. The Jalapeño Havarti Cheese gives the fries a nice kick. Josh likes spicy so he adds sliced jalapeños too! His fries have a lot of goodness going on!
My Loaded Fries
I load up my sweet potato cheese fries with Arla Dofino Chili-Lime Gouda cheese, cilantro, green onion, and avocado. The Chili-Lime Gouda Cheese is amazing and so good melted all over my fries. Mmmmm!
Mad for Cheese Fries
If you are having a March Madness party, now you know how to make Cheese Fries – 2 kinds! You can lay out the choices, and let your guests choose their own fries and toppings! These fries are fun to make and eat!
And if you are wondering which fries Caleb prefers…he likes them both. He eats from both sides of the pan. Smart kiddo:) Bring on the games, bring on the madness, and bring on the Loaded Cheese Fries!
If you like these loaded cheese fries, you might also like:
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- 3-Ingredient Roasted Parmesan Pesto Potatoes
- Smoked Paprika Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Loaded Cheese Fries
For the Fries:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes washed, peeled, and cut into fries
- 2 medium russet potatoes washed and cut into fries
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Maria's Toppings (sweet potatoes):
- 1 cup 8 ounces Arla Dofino Chili-Lime Gouda, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 avocado diced
Josh's Toppings (regular potatoes):
- 1 1/4 cup 10 ounces Arla Dofino Jalapeño Havarti, shredded
- 3 strips cooked bacon chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place sweet potatoes and potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until fries are well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. If the fries are too crowded, you can use two baking sheets. When we use one baking sheet, we keep the sweet potato fries on one side and the regular potatoes on the other side. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the fries over with a spatula. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until fries are crisp around the edges and tender on the inside.
- Remove from oven and top fries with shredded cheese. I like to use Arla Dofino Chili-Lime Gouda on the sweet potato fries. Josh likes to use Arla Dofino Jalapeño Havarti. Return to hot oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings. For the sweet potato fries, I like to use cilantro, green onion, and avocado. Josh likes to cover his fries with bacon, jalapeño slices, avocado, and sour cream. Serve immediately.
- Note-feel free to add your favorite toppings! We like to make loaded cheese fries when we have friends over. We let our guests top their fries with whatever they want! It is a fun party recipe!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is in partnership with Arla Dofino, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.
Love this idea for a party. And sweet potato fries…oh yes!
Maria – I’m all about that avocado and sweet potato combination! Brilliant. These are perfect for sharing with a few friends…friends that you really like! 😀
Love the idea of ” his and hers” fries! They both look delicious!
I am in heaven….no excuses…will be trying this one for dinner. Why not…it is healthy. This is a great friday night after a tough week dinner…comfort food to the extreme. Thank you so much. Love it all.
Jalapeno HAVARTI!? Where has such deliciousness been all the 24 years of my LIFE?! That sounds amazing with the combo of the sweetness in the potato. A comfort food WIN! Pinned!
Thanks for pinning!
Love these loaded fries!! I want to load up my plate with these 🙂
OMG. Sweet potato fries with Gouda are my absolute favorite. Hands down. But I can’t deny that jalapeño havarti! Ohh wee my taste buds are hollerin’ for cheese fries! Great recipe!
Both cheeses are amazing!
I am with you Maria, sweet potatoes all the way for me! My sidekick though (4 year old) will only do regular white potatoes. I always make both regular and sweet potatoes with a potato recipe too! These look delicious!
Yay for team sweet potatoes:)
Oh love this his and hers cheese fries! And that Havarti jalapeño cheese – Yaassss!
I’m definitely a sweet-potato gal too! 🙂 Love this!
lol! You are like me with football! These looks awesome!!
Just stop! I think I am drooling… my biggest weakness is french fries, let alone loaded ones! I would sit and watch the whole March Madness Tourny if someone would just serve me these all day!
They make the games even better!
GORGEOUS Cheese Fries! Drooooool 🙂
These fries are perfection! I need these right now!!!
This is such a great idea. Now I know what I’ll be doing with the sweet potato fries I’ve got in my freezer!
Rock Chalk Jayhawks KU- one game down. Not holding my breath for Sweet 16 this year’s young team.
This alone would be my husbands dinner.
I have to side with Josh on this one. But they both look delicious.
Flavor madness! Yummy! I know my husband would inhale these!
I love to make loaded fries for dinner. We make a buffet line of toppings and the Cowkids can add whatever they want…and as much of it as they want too! It’s a big hit for all of us, thanks for the sweet potato idea. We eat them all the time but I never thought of making them loaded too!
Oh yes please!!! I will take the sweet potatoes and my husband can take the regular.
Wow! These look scrumptious!!! I just ate lunch too, so I’m not even browsing on an empty stomach! For sure am going to share this with my daughter, thank you!
My daughter will also enjoy these. I happen to like almost any recipe that combines vegetables and potatoes with cheese.
This sounds lovely and really tasty. Thank you for sharing this.