The peach craze continues. Sorry, I am on this peach kick. I can’t help it though. It is for a good cause. Our friend gave us a gorgeous box of peaches from his orchard and I wasn’t about to let them go to waste. So I’ve made peach fruit leather, peach pie, peach salsa, and now Peach Almond Muffins.
I am so glad I didn’t give up on our peaches because these Peach Almond Muffins are incredible. They are the perfect breakfast treat!
The muffins are easy to make-you don’t even need a mixer, just good old-fashioned muscles. I combined Gold Medal Flour with the other dry ingredients in a bowl and whisked away. In a separate bowl, I whisked together the liquid ingredients. I combined the two, added in the peaches, and made the almond streusel topping. Easy like Sunday morning! And don’t skip the streusel topping, it makes the muffins marvelous!
I love that these muffins can be whipped up in a matter of minutes, which makes them great for the morning. I know I am not always in the mood to bake first thing in the morning, but because these are so easy, I want to make them every day. And after you taste them, you will want to enjoy Peach Almond Muffins every morning too!
And good news-I think these muffins taste just as good the second day. So no need to force yourself to eat them all in one day. Savor the Peach Almond Muffins. They go perfectly with a cup of coffee, tea, or glass of milk. Enjoy!
Peach Almond Muffins
- For the Muffins:
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled peaches
- For the Almond Streusel Topping:
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 14 muffin cups with paper liners or grease the cups. Set pan aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, canola oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and almond extract. Pour liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix gently with a spatula. Mix until just combined. Gently stir in the peaches.
- 3. To make the almond streusel topping, in a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Mix with your hands until you have a crumbly mixture. It is ok to have pea size chunks of butter. Mix in the sliced almonds.
- 4. Pour muffin batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the almond streusel topping on top of the muffins. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool to room temperature and serve.
- Note-I think these muffins taste just as good on the second day!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Peach Almond Muffins, you might also like:
- Peach Coconut Almond Flour Muffins from Running to the Kitchen
- Peaches ‘n Cream Muffins from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins from Cooking Light
- Whole Wheat Banana Peach Muffins from Eat, Live, Run
- Light Berry Kefir Muffins from With Style & Grace
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but our opinions are our own. We love Gold Medal Flour. Check out our Farm to Table Event in Kansas City with Gold Medal Flour.