Pear Almond Streusel Bread-this easy pear quick bread has a sweet almond streusel topping and glaze. It is great for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
What do you do when your nice neighbors bring you over a huge bag of pears from their tree? First, you say thank you and then you make Easy Pear Sauce and Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread. I love pear season!
I thought those two recipes would use up all of the pears, but luckily I still had a few left so I made, Pear Almond Streusel Bread. This easy quick bread is a new fall favorite.
Pears are usually the back up singers during the fall. The apples and pumpkins usually take the lead and steal the show. Well, move over apples and pumpkins because it is time for the pears to shine. This Pear Almond Streusel Bread is a real show stopper!
I love quick breads because they are easy to whip up. I made this loaf on a chilly Saturday morning and it was the perfect weekend breakfast treat.
The cinnamon spiced bread is dotted with pears and covered with a sweet almond streusel topping. My boys begged for me to add frosting to the bread, they love frosting on just about everything:) To make them happy, I made a simple almond glaze and drizzled it over the top. They were right, it was the perfect way to finish the bread.
Celebrate fall and pears with this amazing Pear Almond Streusel Bread. It is sure to become a favorite fall treat! I am going to make another loaf this weekend. Hurry up weekend!
Pear Almond Streusel Bread
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Total Time
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 loaf
For the Almond Streusel Topping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
For the Bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pears skin removed
For the Almond Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- First, make the streusel topping. In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cold butter pieces. Rub the mixture together with your fingers until combined and crumbly. Stir in the chopped almonds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and egg. Whisk until smooth and there are no brown sugar clumps. Whisk in the buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently whisk until there are no more lumps. Don't overmix. Fold in the chopped pears.
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle the almond streusel topping evenly over the bread.
- Bake for 60 minutes, loosely covering the bread with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent the top from getting too dark. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf will come out clean when the bread is done. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes on a wire cooling rack. Use a knife to loosen the bread around the edges in the pan. Carefully remove the bread from the pan and cool completely.
- Note-the bread will keep covered on the counter for up to 3 days. Can freeze the loaf for up to 2 months.