Lemon Almond Bread-super moist lemon quick bread topped with a sweet lemon glaze and sliced almonds!
I am on a serious lemon kick. I can’t stop! I’ve made lemon pasta, cookies, pancakes, and even a grilled cheese sandwich. Yeah, I am kind of obsessed. My love for lemon continues with Lemon Almond Bread. I would apologize for my lemon overkill, but I am not going to because this Lemon Almond Bread is out of this world good. You will thank me and my crazy lemon kick after you taste this bread.
This Lemon Almond Bread is so good that I didn’t want to share it. I was going to fill a pretty plate with slices of bread for our neighbors, but I couldn’t part with it. I know, I am selfish, but I promise I will redeem myself by making another loaf to share.
Lemon and almond flavors team up to create an outstanding loaf of bread. I used almond milk and almond extract to bring out the almond flavor. This bread will also make you pucker up a bit thanks to the lemon zest and fresh lemon juice.
And I didn’t stop there. After the bread was done baking, I drizzled a sweet lemon glaze over the top. I also sprinkled on sliced almonds.
Look at that pretty loaf. Almost too pretty to cut into!
I enjoyed slice after slice. I couldn’t stop myself. This Lemon Almond Bread is a new favorite!
I am calling this Lemon Almond Bread so I feel better about myself when I am eating it for breakfast. It can easily pass for a lemon loaf cake. Serve it with fresh berries to dress it up! But again, it is bread which means it is totally acceptable for breakfast.
Jump on the lemon bandwagon and make a loaf of Lemon Almond Bread. And you might want to make two loaves so you can share with your neighbors. I guarantee you will want to keep a loaf for yourself:)
More Lemon Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry Sweet Rolls
- Lemon Zucchini Bars
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
Lemon Almond Bread
Lemon Almond Bread that is delicious enough to serve as a dessert. I am still calling it bread though so I can eat it for breakfast:)
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Total Time
- 1 hour 10 minutes
For the bread:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or buttermilk or regular milk)
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, for garnishing the loaf
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the almond milk, oil, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and almond extract. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze of the lemon almond bread. Sprinkle sliced almonds over the bread. Cut and serve.
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.