Roasted asparagus – a quick and easy side dish! Learn how to make baked asparagus in the oven and bring out the flavor with a little balsamic!
I haven’t finalized our Easter dinner menu yet, I want to make too many things:) I do know that asparagus will be one of our side dishes. Asparagus is in season and I can’t get enough. We made our lemon asparagus the other night for dinner and it was divine. I think we will make roasted asparagus with balsamic vinegar on Sunday to switch things up a bit.
How to Make Roasted Asparagus
First, make sure you pick asparagus that is bright green and medium in size. You don’t want the spears to be too thick or too thin. I always look for medium size.
Get rid of the woody ends by cutting them off or you can break them off. They will snap right off!
I love how simple this recipe is. All you have to do is drizzle the asparagus spears with balsamic vinegar and a little bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Make sure you roast the asparagus at a high heat, I do 400 degrees F.
I like to line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil so the pan is easy to clean up.
You don’t want to over cook the asparagus, you want the spears to stay nice and crisp.
I love asparagus in many forms, but roasting it with a little balsamic vinegar really brings out the best flavor. This healthy side dish is the perfect accompaniment to any spring meal. Add it to your menu today.
If you like this roasted asparagus, you might also like:
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon, Feta, and Pistachios
- Asparagus Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Zucchini Noodles with Asparagus, Peas, and Basil Vinaigrette
- Avocado Asparagus Toast
- Asparagus, Feta, and Spinach Quiche
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pound asparagus washed and tough ends cut off
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Place the asparagus spears on the baking sheet. Drizzle asparagus with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Roll the spears so they are all well coated in the balsamic and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes. or until tender. I stir the asparagus half way through. Serve hot.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod