Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower- this is the BEST roasted cauliflower recipe. You will love this crispy oven roasted cauliflower with salty Parmesan cheese. It is a great low-carb side dish for any meal.
The BEST Roasted Cauliflower
If you are a regular reader of our blog you know I love cauliflower. It is one of my all-time favorite vegetables! I love it because it is healthy, delicious, and so versatile. Cauliflower can be used in soups, tacos, salads, bolognese, grilled cheese, and even mashed and served like potatoes.
Probably my favorite cauliflower recipe is this Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower because it is SO easy and SO good. I make it almost every single week because it is a great side dish to any meal. It is low-carb, keto, gluten-free…if you care about any of those things.
The most important thing, it is DELICIOUS! I promise you it will be your GO TO vegetable side dish. Adults and kids love this roasted cauliflower recipe!
That’s right, you only need 5 simple ingredients!!
- Cauliflower– cut into florets!
- Garlic– I roast the garlic with the cauliflower. Roasted garlic is SO good!
- Olive oil– toss the florets in olive oil before roasting so the cauliflower gets nice and crispy.
- Parmesan cheese– I always use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best flavor. Par
- Parsley– freshly chopped Italian parsley to garnish the dish.
How to Make Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
I make this roasted cauliflower recipe all of the time because it is so easy to make. When I need a vegetable side dish to go with dinner, I know I can always count on this recipe.
Here are a few tips for making perfect Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper of aluminum foil, for easy clean up!
- Cut a head of cauliflower into florets, making sure they are all the same size.
- Place the cauliflower florets and garlic cloves on the large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until well coated.
- Spread the cauliflower into an even layer, making sure the cauliflower florets aren’t touching. You want to give them space so they don’t steam and get mushy. You want them to roast and crisp up in the oven.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese onto the cauliflower, making sure all of the florets are coated. Place the pan back in the oven and roast until the cauliflower is crispy and the Parmesan cheese is starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and remove the skins from the roasted garlic. Finely chop.
- Place the roasted cauliflower and garlic in a serving dish and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
I seriously could eat this cauliflower every single day. It is that good. I love how the cauliflower gets nice and crispy in the oven, especially after the cauliflower florets are coated in the salty Parmesan cheese.
My boys like to dip it in honey mustard sauce and sometimes I will add a little squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Here are a few dishes that go well with roasted cauliflower if you need some ideas.
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- Cacio e Pepe
- Lemon Butter Chicken
- Steak Kabobs
- Chicken Penne Pasta
Storing & Reheating
Store leftover cauliflower in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
I recommend reheating the cauliflower in a 350 degree F oven until heated through or in an air fryer so the cauliflower can crisp back up. Of course, you can reheat in the microwave, but the cauliflower will be a little soggy.
More Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Vegetables
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up.
- Place the cauliflower florets and garlic cloves on the large baking sheet. Toss with olive oil until well coated. Spread the cauliflower in an even layer. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the cauliflower with grated Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and finish roasting for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and remove the skins from the roasted garlic. Finely chop. Place the roasted cauliflower and garlic in a serving dish and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Always looking for some dressed up vegetable recipes, especially when it comes to my kiddos. Can’t wait to try this, pinned!
It’s a good one! Enjoy!
Grilled cauliflower seems very new, I now know this dish.gomovies
I have made this several times -it’s delicious, warm or cold! Thank you for sharing.
Do you discard the unpeeled garlic?
I am going to make this recipe this week. It sounds delicious! Do you discard the unpeeled garlic after roasting?
Roasted garlic is so good! It isn’t as strong, I like to eat it. You can chop it up and serve it with the garlic if you don’t want an entire clove, but it is much more mild after roasting.
Love your recipes! I’m wondering if you do something with the unpeeled garlic after you roast it?? Or do you just toss it? Is it even necessary?
Thanks so much! I love adding roasted garlic for flavor. When you roast it it isn’t as strong. So you can eat the cloves with the cauliflower. If you are nervous, you can chop up the roasted cloves and serve with the cauliflower.
Mash it up, add a little salt if you want or more olive oil too. And spread it on toasted bread or French struck slices for bruschetta
It looks delicious
I find it difficult to spread oil on cauliflower to cover it well. I find spray bottles are a waste of money because they always stop working (at least mine do, no matter how expensive they are). What do you do????
You can put the cauliflower in a bowl, drizzle a little oil and toss. Drizzle a little more oil and toss again.
Such a yummy side dish to add to a quick dinner to make an easy meal! The leftovers also tasted delicious – which is definitely a bonus!