Roasted Mushroom, Kale, and Goat Cheese Tacos-these simple vegetarian tacos are full of flavor and make a great weeknight meal!
I always fail at Taco Tuesday. I have good intentions to make tacos on Tuesdays, but it seems like every Tuesday I am making pasta, soup, or breakfast for dinner. Oops! I need to put a reminder on my phone because I do love taco nights and if we can have them every Tuesday, even better!
I missed Taco Tuesday this week, again, so I am cheating and making tacos on Friday night! These Roasted Mushroom, Kale, and Goat Cheese Tacos are on my mind and I can’t wait until dinner time. I don’t care if it is Friday. Tacos taste good any day of the week!
These Roasted Mushroom, Kale, and Goat Cheese Tacos are as simple as can be, but SO good. The flavors come together to create an amazing taco. I usually like to top my tacos with a variety of toppings-guacamole, salsa, fresh lime juice, cilantro, etc. but these tacos don’t need any extras. The flavors are perfecto!
I roast mushrooms and onions in the oven to bring out their best flavors. While the veggies are roasting, I cook the kale with a little garlic until it is wilted. I combine the roasted mushrooms, onions, and kale in a Old El Paso Stand ‘n Stuff Soft Tortilla Shell and crumble goat cheese over the top. Easy peasy and oh, so good!
Make Roasted Mushroom, Kale, and Goat Cheese Tacos for Taco Tuesday…or Meatless Monday…or any day! You don’t need a theme to enjoy these delicious tacos! Tacos are always a good idea, especially when they are this good!
If you like these Roasted Mushroom, Kale, and Goat Cheese Tacos, you might also like:
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
- Three Bean Tacos
- Grilled BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Tacos
- Taco Salad with Homemade Tortilla Bowls
Roasted Mushroom, Kale, and Goat Cheese Tacos
These simple vegetarian tacos are great for an easy weeknight meal!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- 6 Tacos
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 medium red onion peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large bunch kale coarsely chopped, ribs removed
- 6 Old El Paso Stand 'N Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place mushrooms and onions on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil. Toss until well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring on occasion, until mushrooms and onions are tender.
- 2. While the mushrooms and onions are roasting, cook the kale. In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft. Stir in the kale and cook until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- 3. Place kale, roasted mushrooms, and onions in flour tortillas. Crumble goat cheese over the top and serve tacos immediately.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
This post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.