Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Poblano Salsa – the secret to these shrimp tacos is in the salsa! Fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, and poblano pepper are grilled, then tossed with creamy diced avocado, cilantro and lime juice for unforgettable shrimp tacos!
All-Time Favorite Shrimp Tacos
Shrimp tacos are always a favorite, but especially during the hot summer months. If you are a shrimp taco fan, you are going to love these shrimp tacos with grilled poblano salsa. They are SO good! The colorful and vibrant salsa is a MUST!
This easy shrimp taco recipe is perfect for any summer BBQ. You can make the salsa in advance so you are ready to go when it is grill time. This is a great recipe for entertaining or for an easy weeknight dinner. You can’t go wrong!
Grilled Shrimp Tacos: The Secret is in the Salsa
You can always use one more barbecue recipe and this is definitely it! I’ve made these shrimp tacos countless times this past summer and it’s my go-to recipe for when I need a great healthy meal.
The real kicker in the shrimp tacos isn’t the shrimp though—it’s the salsa! By grilling all of the ingredients in the salsa, it really ramps up the flavor big time. In it, fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, and poblano pepper are grilled and tossed with creamy diced avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. You can serve the tacos in corn tortillas or flour tortillas, but we prefer corn tortillas. You could also serve the shrimp and salsa over a salad and go the taco salad route! There are lots of ways to enjoy the delicious shrimp and salsa!
I promise this shrimp taco recipe with grilled poblano salsa will be a favorite for years to come!
Thanks Jenna for guest posting these yummy grilled shrimp tacos! Make sure you check out her fabulous blog, Eat, Live, Run!
If you like these shrimp tacos, you might also like:
- Grilled Steak Tacos
- Honey Lime Salmon Tacos
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
- Grilled Zucchini Chickpea Tacos
- Pico de Gallo
- Mexican Rice
Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Poblano Salsa
For the salsa:
- 1 ear corn husked
- 6 scallions white and light green parts only (about 5 inches)
- 1 poblano chile pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large or 2 small haas avocado
- 1 small bunch cilantro minced
- Juice of two small limes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the tacos:
- 1 lb shrimp deveined
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Heat your grill up to medium high. Brush corn, green onions and poblano pepper with olive oil and place on grill. You want everything to have a nice char to it—the pepper should be black and the corn and onion should be charred. This will take about five minutes, flipping occasionally with tongs.
- When done, remove veggies from grill and let cool on a plate. When cool, peel the now black skin off the pepper, remove the seeds and chop into small dice. Run your knife down the corn to remove the kernels from the cob and place into a bowl with the pepper. Chop onion and place into bowl as well. Add chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes and cilantro to the bowl and add lime juice and salt. Season to taste and set aside while you prepare the shrimp.
- Grill the shrimp for only a few minutes until pink. Be careful because shrimp cook extremely quickly! When done, place into tortillas, top with salsa and eat immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod