Greek Pasta Salad made with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, red onion, feta cheese, dill, and a simple Greek yogurt dressing. This creamy pasta salad is perfect for summertime, and healthier too, without the mayo!
Pasta Salad – a Summer Must-Have
A few weeks ago, I asked on Instagram stories what recipes you wanted to see on the blog this summer. Pasta salad was hands down the number one answer. I was pretty pumped about that because I love a good cold and creamy pasta salad. Pasta salads are a summer staple. They are great for easy lunches and dinners and perfect for taking to summer barbecues, picnics, and pool parties.
Today, I have the perfect summer pasta salad recipe for you, Creamy Greek Pasta Salad. Whenever I need to take a side dish to a potluck, I usually make this easy Greek pasta salad because I want to eat it and it is always a hit with our friends and family.
Greek Pasta Salad
Greek flavors are my favorite. Pasta Salad with Feta? Yes, please. If you read our blog regularly, you know I love and make Greek everything:
- Greek Tortellini Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Greek Salsa
- Greek Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Greek Cucumber Noodles
You really can’t go wrong with Greek, especially this Creamy Greek Pasta Salad. It has all of my favorite Greek flavors with pasta and a simple creamy dressing.
Greek Pasta Salad Made with…Greek Yogurt!
I love this easy creamy dressing because it is made without mayonnaise. A lot of summer pasta salads are loaded with mayo or sour cream, but this dressing is made with plain Greek yogurt. The dressing is light and I love the boost of protein from the Greek yogurt. I add fresh lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, dill, and oregano to the Greek yogurt, making it an amazing (and appropriate) dressing for this Greek Pasta Salad.
How to Make Greek Pasta Salad
I use whole wheat pasta and added in tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, red onion, and my favorite, feta cheese. I toss everything in the creamy Greek yogurt dressing and serve the pasta salad cold. It can be made in advance, which is awesome. I usually make it in the morning and put it in the fridge until we are ready to take it to a party or sometimes I just make it for us. It makes a great, easy summer meal!
Add this Greek pasta salad to your summer bucket list TODAY! It is guaranteed to be the favorite pasta salad of the summer!
If you like this pasta salad recipe, you might also like:
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Bacon, Corn, and Tomato Pasta Salad
Creamy Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 lb pasta such as fusilli penne, or farfalle (can use whole wheat or gluten-free pasta)
- 1 1/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 seedless cucumber chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives halved
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, stir together the Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, dill, and oregano in a large bowl.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain and run cold water over the pasta. Drain completely and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until pasta is well coated. Pour the pasta into the large bowl with the Greek yogurt mixture. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta cheese. Stir gently until ingredients are well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. You can add a little extra dill and lemon juice, if desired. Serve.
- Note-if you need the recipe to be gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta. The pasta salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod