Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups topped with frosting are a fun and delicious dessert for parties, potlucks, or just because! Every day is a good day for cookies with sprinkles!
This post is sponsored by Kroger.
Our boys love my Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies. Every time I ask them what kind of cookies I should bake they always yell, SPRINKLE COOKIES! Well, I decided to take their favorite cookie and make it even better. How is that possible? I made Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with frosting. I earned major mom points with these fun little cookie cups! The boys LOVED them!
How do you make cookie cups?
- First, make the sprinkle cookie dough, lots of Kroger Rainbow Sprinkles are a MUST. You want the cookie cups to be colorful and FUN!
- Next, get out a mini muffin tin. The mini muffin tin creates the cutest little cookie cups. All you have to do is fill the cups about half full and bake! Remove from the oven and you will have cookie cups. MAGIC!
- The cookie cups will sink in the middle and that is just fine. That is why you top them with a sweet vanilla buttercream frosting and more rainbow sprinkles.
When the boys saw the Sprinkle Cookie Cups they got super excited…and then they asked if they were for them. Sometimes, I make recipes for projects or other people that they don’t get to eat, but these cookie cups were just for them! They started jumping up and down and picked out a cup to enjoy. Of course, they picked the ones with the tallest frosting and the most sprinkles. They had to analyze them all:)
Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups are fun, delicious, and the perfect dessert for any celebration. Kids and adults love these cookie cups. I personally think they are much better than cupcakes, but you all know I am a cookie monster:)
And I topped the cookie cups with a simple vanilla buttercream frosting because my boys are all about frosting, but I think these cookie cups would be good with a mini scoop of ice cream, especially during the summertime!
Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups are guaranteed happiness! Make them today and your frown will turn upside down! 🙂
If you like these cookie cups, you might also like:
- Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Cook Time
- 12 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
For the Cookie Cups:
For the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 - 5 cups Kroger confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Extra Kroger Rainbow Sprinkles for decorating
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Fill the cups half full with the sprinkle cookie dough. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, but the center is still soft. Let the cookies cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. The middles will sink and that is ok. Repeat with remaining dough.
While the cookie cups are cooling, make the vanilla buttercream frosting. Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. With the mixer on low, add 4 cups confectioners' sugar, the heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Turn up the speed to high and beat for 2-3 minutes or until frosting is smooth. If the frosting is too thin, add 1/2-1 cup more confectioners' sugar and beat again. If the frosting is too thick, you can thin it out with a little extra heavy cream. Only add 1 tablespoon at a time.
Pipe the frosting onto the cookie cups and decorate with additional sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
This post is in partnership with Kroger, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.