Everyone at the table will love this easy Summer Quinoa Salad! It’s filled with fresh fruits, vegetables, hearty quinoa, and the most refreshing homemade lemon dressing.
Summertime means salads on repeat, but that doesn’t mean boring salads. I am talking GOOD salads, like this colorful Summer Quinoa Salad. It’s loaded with all of summer’s finest ingredients. If you love my Easy Quinoa Salad, I know you will love this recipe too!
This salad is easy to make, and with quinoa as a base, it’s hearty enough to eat as a lunch or dinner. It’s perfect for those hot months when you want a light, refreshing, and delicious meal.
How to Make Quinoa
Cooking quinoa is simple. To make sure your quinoa turns out perfect every time, follow these tips!
- Always rinse your quinoa before you get started. Rinsing removes quinoa’s natural coating, called saponin, which can make it taste bitter.
- Start with a medium saucepan, one cup of dry quinoa, and 2 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil, then cover the pan with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to low, until it’s just a simmer, and let it cook for 15 minutes. At this point the quinoa should be tender and the small grains will look like they’ve popped open.
- Pull your pan off the stove and let it rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and that’s it! Your quinoa is ready to go!
I love this blend of summertime produce and delicious, wholesome flavors! It’s such a fresh and filling salad. The quinoa is a perfect base, and then I add…
- Fresh sweet corn
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Fresh basil
If you wanted to add a protein, you could mix in shredded or grilled chicken or chickpeas!
How to Make Summer Quinoa Salad
Are you ready to make your new favorite salad? Let’s get started!
- Once your quinoa is cooked, let it cool while you make the dressing.
- You are going to love this simple lemon dressing. It’s a mix of olive oil, lemon juice, golden balsamic vinegar, honey, and garlic. Give it all a good whisk (or shake in a jar!) and it’s ready to go. If you want to mix things up, this salad would also be good with my basil vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, peaches, tomatoes, corn, avocado, onion, feta cheese, and basil. Step back and admire your colorful summertime salad!
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss it gently to distribute the yummy flavors. You can serve this salad cold or at room temperature–delicious both ways!
Prepping and Storing
This is a great meal prep salad because you can make a lot of it in advance. The dressing and cooked quinoa will keep in the fridge for up to one week. So you can get those done and out of the way.
You can also cut the corn off of the cob and dice the red onion ahead of time. I would wait to slice the tomatoes, peaches, avocado, and basil until you are ready to serve so the ingredients stay super fresh.
This salad is best the day it is made, but you can keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. I always enjoy the leftovers:)
More Summer Salad Recipes
- Favorite Fruit Salad
- Summer Pasta Salad
- Easy Cucumber Salad
- Panzanella Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad
Summer Quinoa Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 small peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn, 1 large ear
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon golden balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- First, make your quinoa. In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low, and simmer until for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and let it cool while you make the dressing.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the peaches, tomatoes, corn, avocado, onion, feta cheese, and basil to the large bowl of quinoa.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve at room temp or cold.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Dishing Out Health
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.
How important is the golden balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar? I dont have either on hand, but do have regular balsamic vinegar, would that change it up too much if I substituted?
I like a lighter balsamic for this recipe, but if you only have regular balsamic you can use it. It does have a darker color and flavor. Red wine vinegar would work too!
I made this for lunch today and it was AMAZING!
Yay! The perfect lunch! So glad you loved the salad!
Looking forward to making this tomorrow. Should I cook the corn?
You don’t have to cook the corn, it is good fresh off the cob, but you can cook it or char it if you prefer it that way! Enjoy!
So amazing! Light, healthy and delicious. And definitely filling enough for dinner! Thank you for this recipe!
I added grilled chicken to this to make it a more robust meal…new summer fave for sure. So fresh and delicious! Thank you so much for sharing this!
So glad you loved it! Grilled chicken is a great addition!
Made this last night and it was so delicious! The texture, colors and mix of flavors was so summery and fun! I used my peach balsamic vinegar and it was great! Thanks for the recipe!
Ooh, that vinegar sounds awesome!
Favorite summer side dish. I nearly always add chicken to it for a hearty, complete meal that’s easy and can be prepped ahead.
Yikes: Scary how good this is. I was skeptical of the peaches and feta, but the dressing pulled everything together and WHOA! I was looking for a way to use up a 10-lb bag of quinoa and came across this recipe; loved the ingredients list and thought I’d give it a whirl. Blew my mind, and my husband was super impressed, too. Yet another go-to in my arsenal of dependable stand-by’s. Thank you so much!
Ha! It is a summer favorite for sure!
***** FABULOUS! *****
Delicious! Fresh, easy, appealing-looking to boot!
Made it today even though I had no peaches or feta. Turned out fine, and I loved it. I did go easy on the salt so it was a tad bland then I sprinkled some Tajín seasoning on it and that knocked it out of the park! Thanks for sharing!
Super yummy and fresh!!
So glad you loved the summer salad!
Hi There! Just wondering if you can confirm that the nutritional information is for one serving?
Is white balsamic the same as golden or best substitute?ive never heard of Golden balsamic or champagne vinegar! Small town grocery store and we didn’t have either golden or champagne. Cant wait to try it!