Toasted Coconut Pancakes – light and fluffy pancakes with a sweet toasted coconut topping! These pancakes are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Pancakes, Pancakes Pancakes!
I craved pancakes when I was pregnant with both of our boys. I wanted pancakes morning, noon, and in the middle of the night. Caleb and Maxwell both LOVE pancakes and I wonder if it has anything to do with my pregnancy cravings. They were begging for pancakes before they were even born and they are still begging for them! They ask for pancakes almost every single day. They even run around the kitchen chanting PANCAKES! Our boys are currently loving my Toasted Coconut Pancakes…and so am I! They are our new favorite hot cakes!
Toasted Coconut Pancakes for Easter Brunch
Easter is in March this year, which means it’s right around the corner! I like Easter dinner, but I LOVE Easter brunch. It is my favorite! I am already thinking about what Easter recipes to make for brunch and these Toasted Coconut Pancakes are at the top of the list.
Nuts for Coconut!
The coconut pancakes are loaded with coconut goodness. I used coconut oil, coconut milk, and topped the pancakes with toasted coconut! The crunchy, toasted coconut topping is amazing! I also drizzled coconut pancake syrup over the warm pancakes. The coconut syrup is the perfect finishing touch! It is SO good! You can buy it at World Market and I suggest you run to grab a few bottles so you are stocked up for Easter brunch!
Make Your Coconut Pancake Dreams come True
Toasted Coconut Pancakes are a MUST for Easter! And if you can’t wait until Easter, you can make them this weekend. I think we are going to have to start our Saturday with a stack of these gorgeous pancakes. They are heavenly!
If you like this pancake recipe, you might also like:
- Banana Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
- Zucchini Pancakes
- Classic French Toast
- Belgian Waffles
Toasted Coconut Pancakes
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour can use all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar can use brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk beverage in the carton, not canned (can use almond milk or buttermilk)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter and coconut syrup for serving, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Evenly spread out the coconut on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, stirring once, until coconut is slightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium low heat. Coat with cooking spray. Drop about a ⅓ cup of batter onto heated skillet. Sprinkle pancakes with toasted coconut. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, about 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, about 2 minutes more. Continue making pancakes until the batter and toasted coconut is gone. Serve warm with butter and coconut syrup, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod