Whole Wheat Zucchini Pancakes
Whole Wheat Zucchini Pancakes-these healthy pancakes remind me of zucchini bread, but in pancake form. Top with butter and maple syrup for a real breakfast treat!
I really hope you aren’t sick of zucchini because I have another zucchini recipe for you today! And even if you are sick of zucchini, I am sure you still have lots to use up so at least I am giving you a new recipe to try! We can’t let the zucchini go to waste! And I guarantee you will fall in love with zucchini all over again after you make these Whole Wheat Zucchini Pancakes. They are delicious and a great way to use up your summer squash!
I made these zucchini pancakes before we had baby Maxwell. I was trying to stock our freezer with meals so we had something to eat when we got home from the hospital. I am SO glad I did because these pancakes have saved the day on many occasions.
Caleb loves pancakes and asks for them a few times a week. I am glad I could grant his wishes when he has asked for pancakes this past week. I just pull the pancakes out of the freezer and heat them up. I feel like super mom for about 5 minutes. Hey, 5 minutes is better than no minutes:) I am still trying to figure out how to take care of a toddler and newborn, so the little successes in the day really count right now:) I am glad these pancakes make Caleb so happy!
The pancakes remind me of zucchini bread, but in pancake form. Top with butter and maple syrup and you are in for a real breakfast treat!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Pancakes are a hit at our house and I think you will enjoy them too! You will probably be begging your neighbors for more zucchini so you can make giant stacks of these pancakes! Make as many as you can because they freeze well and you never know when something as simple as pancakes will save your day! Happy kids make a happy mom:)
Looking for more zucchini recipes, we’ve got you covered! Check out these zucchini recipes!
If you like this zucchini pancake recipe, you might also like:
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Coconut Bread
- Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Apple Zucchini Muffins
Whole Wheat Zucchini Pancakes
Put your summer zucchini to good use and make a giant stack of whole wheat zucchini pancakes! These pancakes freeze well too!
Yield: About 12 pancakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Maple syrup and butter, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugars.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Fold in the zucchini.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour about a 1/2 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, about 3 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside. Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone. Serve pancakes with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
Note-we use white whole wheat flour, but you can use all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour. These pancakes freeze well. Wrap them in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!