The day of LOVE is this weekend. Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? Does anyone have big plans?
I hate going out to eat on Valentine’s Day. The restaurants are so crowded and usually overpriced. We are looking forward to a relaxing dinner at home this year. If you are cooking in, like us, and still need recipe ideas-today is your lucky day. We are sharing some of our favorite recipes for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day is on Sunday-so sleep in and enjoy breakfast in bed or a nice brunch.
- Oven Berry Pancakes-these are easy, but impressive. A pretty pancake for Valentine’s morning.
- Baked Fritatta with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Feta-you can whip this up, pop it in the oven, and go back to bed while it bakes. It will feed a crowd-great for a family Valentine’s breakfast/brunch.
- Oatmeal Berry Muffins-make these heart healthy muffins-they are filled with healthy goodness and are very tasty. Even the kids will love them!
- Berry Scones-these drop scones are easy to make and a pleasure to eat.
If you need dinner ideas, here are a few recipes that you can impress your sweetheart with.
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce-these fresh and delicious spring rolls are fun to make-especially with your special someone:) They are a great appetizer or light meal.
- Spinach Salad with Oranges, Pomegranate, and Almonds-this salad is a great starter for any meal. It is easy, healthy, and gorgeous.
- Slow Roasted Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup-this soup is full of flavor and the color is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Green Beans with Lemon and Shallots-looking for an easy side dish? Try these green beans.
- Blackened Salmon with a Potato Parmesan Pancake-great main entree. Josh loves this one!
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms-one of my favorite vegetarian meals.
If you are looking for something sweet you are in the right place. Dessert is a must on Valentine’s Day. Go ahead and indulge!
- Hazelnut Cinnamon Brownies-these jazzed up brownies are sinfully delicious.
- Mixed Berry Cobbler-perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies-loaded with chocolate and toffee-need I say more?
- Chocolate Caramel Cookies with Sea Salt-I love the touch of sea salt with the rich chocolate caramel cookie.
- Chocolate Truffles-make your own truffles to give to your Valentine. They are easy and you will win extra points for making your own:)
We hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Oh, and I have gotten several questions about my TV segment on Good Things Utah-thanks for your support. I had a fun time cooking with Traci, from Healthy Deals N Steals. We made a healthy/family friendly Valentine’s Day meal. I posted the link on our media page. Check it out!
ah! What a fun post 🙂 We are cooking dinner together Saturday night and then may go out to either brunch or frozen yogurt on Sunday!! Today is Josh’s birthday so I am on the run trying to get things ready for that. GREAT recipes. I so want to try the veggie rolls with the peanut dipping sauce- mmm. Going to check out your segment now- cannot wait! You looked just beautiful (as always)
Had to come back- the segment was awesome! Your salad is so colorful and I love the ice cream sandwiches! The perfect Valentine’s Day treat. I giggled when she asked you about your kids liking the food 😉 I feel like I get that all the time now…I’m like uh not yet!
It all looks so delicious and perfect for a special meal made for our valentines.
It’s really better to spend Valentine’s at home where the quality of the food is so much better. Thanks for wonderful list.
Girl, you do so well in your segments!! You are such a sweetheart. 🙂 Have a fabuluos Valentines Day! 🙂
Lots of great recipes! You have given me some ideas!
Oooh that pancake sounds fun. Happy V-Day to you and Josh! Great job on GTU!
A great collection of recipes!
Have a great Valentine’s Day!
I can’t decide which I will make… having a hard time deciding this year.
this sounds like an amazing list of options! I still have no clue what john and I are doing hehe
what a great roundup, happy valentine’s day!
Love that you posted these ideas. I think we will do the oven berry pancakes. They are just like the baby germans so I’m sure the hubby will love them. I’m excited to have the zest in it. Sounds wonderful!
Congrats on the TV segment! That’s great! Thanks for the Vday ideas.
Thanks Maria! I had a really fun time doing GTU with you. You did amazing! Thanks for sharing your recipes. We’ll have to team up again! You are great! Keep up all the great work and keep the good recipes coming.
Your friend, Traci
Found your blog from a friends blog today and I’m in love! absolutely GREAT recipes that I can’t wait to try. 🙂
Hungry in Texas 🙂
Happy Valentine’s Day! If only I could get my boyfriend to eat those berry scones! They sound so wonderful! I’ll be making heart-shaped French toast for breakfast. (And I’m keeping dinner and dessert a secret for now.) 🙂
great roundup – i want to make them all!
happy valentine’s day to you!
You’ve compiled an awesome selection of recipes here! I will in fact be going out on V-day but to a low-key restaurant with a group of friends. HOpefully it will not be TOO crowded….have a good one!
Well done on your tv appearance – nice to see a pictures as obviously I cannot watch in the UK. But you can count that I would certainly be watching if I had that channel. Marvellous compilation of recipes, I better not show them to my husband as he might start ordering like off a menu!
Maria, it was fun to see you on the TV spot. The salad looks wonderful and goes to the top of my list.
Happy Valentine’s Day, great menu ideas!
We were thinking of just staying in and making a big meal with our kiddos -this is perfect! Thanks!
Ooo! You’re making me hungry =D. Everything looks fantastic!
We were supposed to go over to a friends’ house for dinner tonight but she is sick so we are braving the Seattle dining scene for Valentine’s Eve. We are going to a gastropub so I’m hoping we don’t get price gouged. Tomorrow I am cooking for a friend so there will be chocolate!
You are too cute (and famous)!!! Love your video. So great to see you “Live!” The pomegranate salad looks delicious. Clean and healthy. Love those ice cream sandwiches. Thanks for all the Valentine’s suggestions.
Great collection of recipes! 🙂
Happy Valentine’s Day!! Such great ideas to celebrate 🙂
I’ve never heard of oven-baked pancakes! Just bookmarked the recipe. Yay!
So many great ideas! I love it. I’m going to have to check out your cooking segment!
Thanks for all of the great recipes in this post!
I just baked the Oatmeal Berry Muffins yesterday! I waited until this morning to toast and add a little butter…..delish! I put some in the fridge for the rest of the week and put the rest in the freezer!
I somehow always associate Valentine’s Day with chocolate so I make chocolate cakes or cookies. This year I tried my first chocolate fudge cake and I must say it was really delicious.