The day of LOVE is this weekend. Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? Does anyone have big plans?
I hate going out to eat on Valentine’s Day. The restaurants are so crowded and usually overpriced. We are looking forward to a relaxing dinner at home this year. If you are cooking in, like us, and still need recipe ideas-today is your lucky day. We are sharing some of our favorite recipes for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day is on Sunday-so sleep in and enjoy breakfast in bed or a nice brunch.
- Oven Berry Pancakes-these are easy, but impressive. A pretty pancake for Valentine’s morning.
- Baked Fritatta with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Feta-you can whip this up, pop it in the oven, and go back to bed while it bakes. It will feed a crowd-great for a family Valentine’s breakfast/brunch.
- Oatmeal Berry Muffins-make these heart healthy muffins-they are filled with healthy goodness and are very tasty. Even the kids will love them!
- Berry Scones-these drop scones are easy to make and a pleasure to eat.
If you need dinner ideas, here are a few recipes that you can impress your sweetheart with.
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce-these fresh and delicious spring rolls are fun to make-especially with your special someone:) They are a great appetizer or light meal.
- Spinach Salad with Oranges, Pomegranate, and Almonds-this salad is a great starter for any meal. It is easy, healthy, and gorgeous.
- Slow Roasted Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup-this soup is full of flavor and the color is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Green Beans with Lemon and Shallots-looking for an easy side dish? Try these green beans.
- Blackened Salmon with a Potato Parmesan Pancake-great main entree. Josh loves this one!
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms-one of my favorite vegetarian meals.
If you are looking for something sweet you are in the right place. Dessert is a must on Valentine’s Day. Go ahead and indulge!
- Hazelnut Cinnamon Brownies-these jazzed up brownies are sinfully delicious.
- Mixed Berry Cobbler-perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies-loaded with chocolate and toffee-need I say more?
- Chocolate Caramel Cookies with Sea Salt-I love the touch of sea salt with the rich chocolate caramel cookie.
- Chocolate Truffles-make your own truffles to give to your Valentine. They are easy and you will win extra points for making your own:)
We hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Oh, and I have gotten several questions about my TV segment on Good Things Utah-thanks for your support. I had a fun time cooking with Traci, from Healthy Deals N Steals. We made a healthy/family friendly Valentine’s Day meal. I posted the link on our media page. Check it out!