I am guessing you still have zucchini to use up because we can’t seem to make a dent in ours and we don’t even have a garden! I don’t mind the never ending pile of zucchini though. I am having way too much fun creating new zucchini recipes.
I recently baked Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies and Zucchini Coconut Bread. I hope you’ve tried them-they are both winners. If you are in the mood to bake, but want a savory recipe, give these Zucchini Cheddar Corn Muffins a try! They are my latest and greatest zucchini creation!
The zucchini keeps the muffins nice and moist and the cheddar cheese adds great flavor! I also threw in a big handful of sweet corn. I loved the texture it added to the muffins. If you don’t have fresh sweet corn, you can use frozen corn, but use up all of that fresh summer produce while you can!
Make these Zucchini Cheddar Corn Muffins! They are calling your name and there is no better way to eat your veggies!
Here are 35 Zucchini Recipes you should also try!
Zucchini Cheddar Corn Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup course ground yellow cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini squeezed and drained on paper towels
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels you can use frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Fill a regular-size muffin pan with paper muffin cups or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk, melted butter, canola oil, and eggs until well blended. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until combined. The batter will be lumpy. Fold in the zucchini, corn, and cheddar cheese. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Zucchini Cheddar Corn Muffins, you might also like: