Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad-zucchini noodles with tomatoes, avocado, sweet corn, goat cheese, basil, and a simple vinaigrette. This fresh and simple salad is a summertime favorite!
On Monday, I shared a sweet zucchini recipe, Brown Butter Zucchini Coffee Cake, and today I am serving up a savory zucchini recipe, Sumer Zucchini Noodle Salad. I needed to create a healthy zucchini recipe after eating that entire cake. Ok, I shared a few pieces, but I pretty much dominated that cake:)
This Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad IS summer! It has all of my favorite summer flavors in one easy dish and it is a great way to use up the never ending supply of summer zucchini.
Turning zucchini into noodles is fun and tasty! Caleb loves helping me make zucchini noodles. He calls our spiralizer the “magic noodle tool” and I think that name is very fitting. It is magic! Our spiralizer turns a plain old zucchini into beautiful noodles in minutes! Zucchini noodles are the perfect summer “pasta” because you don’t have to do any cooking! The noodles are fresh and healthy!
To the zucchini noodles, I add grape tomatoes, avocado, sweet corn, fresh basil, and goat cheese. If you have a garden, I bet you have all of these ingredients growing right outside your door, well, except for the goat cheese. If you have goats, you get bonus points:) If you don’t have a garden, visit the farmers market or knock on your neighbors door and ask them to share.
I drizzle the salad with a simple vinaigrette and serve!
Make the most of your summer produce and make this easy Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad!
Do you have a lot of zucchini to use up? Check out our favorite zucchini recipes!
If you like this Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad, you might also like:
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
- Grilled Zucchini, Chickpea, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad
- Zucchini, Corn, and Avocado Salsa
- Zucchini Ribbon Salad
Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 2 large zucchini ends trimmed
- 1 large ear sweet corn kernels removed
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes halved (I like to use red and yellow)
- 1 large avocado pit removed, peeled, and diced
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- First, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Use a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles, according to manufacturer's instructions. Alternately, you can use a mandoline or vegetable peeler.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini noodles, corn, tomatoes, avocado, goat cheese, and basil. Toss to combine. When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!