This easy Zucchini Pasta Salad is loaded with Mediterranean flavors and the perfect salad for BBQ parties, potlucks, picnics, or a light lunch or dinner. This healthy salad is vegetarian and gluten-free.
Oodles of Zoodles
I am finally home after traveling for three weeks in a row. It feels so good to be home with my boys and back in my routine. I love exploring new cities and trying all of the fun food places when I travel, but three weeks in a row was a little much, just ask my jeans:) So this week, I am resetting and eating all of my favorite healthy foods.
One of my new favorite salads is this Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad from Ali’s new cookbook, Inspiralized & Beyond (Keep reading because we are giving away a copy of Inspiralized & Beyond AND an Inspiralizer!! YAY!). This easy zucchini noodle salad is loaded with Mediterranean flavors and is so good for a simple and healthy lunch or dinner. The zoodles are the star of the salad, yay for veggies!
We love our Inspiralizer and use it all of the time! It is the best zucchini noodle maker and veggie noodle maker. We love making zucchini noodles, cucumber noodles, sweet potato noodles, and more! It is a fun way to eat veggies, even our boys will eat the veggie noodles. I love this recipe because it uses zucchini noodles instead of pasta, keeping this pasta salad light and fresh!
This zucchini noodle salad is loaded with Mediterranean flavors:
- kalamata olives
- feta cheese (can leave out for a vegan salad)
The salad also has fresh spinach, which really bulks up the nutrition. I am all about adding more veggies! The salad is finished with a simple and light Greek dressing that you will love!
The salad is good the day it is made, but it is best the next day, when the zucchini has softened and absorbed all of the flavors from the dressing. It is the perfect meal prep salad! You can make it the day before and eat it for lunch or dinner the next day! I always love having a healthy option ready to go in the fridge. I am always SO glad I spent a little time to meal prep so I end up choosing healthy options, like this delicious salad. I could eat it every day, it is one of my favorite zoodle recipes!
Take this easy Mediterranean salad to a BBQ, picnic, potluck, or any party! It is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
GIVEAWAY! We are giving away a copy of Inspiralized & Beyond AND an Inspiralizer!! You guys are going to LOVE this book. It is filled with veggie focused recipes that are creative and SO delicious! And the Inspiralizer is one of our favorite kitchen gadgets, we use it all of the time! To enter to win the giveaway, leave a comment on this post! The giveaway ends Sunday, May 13th. Good luck!
More Zucchini Noodle Recipes:
- 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
- Zucchini Noodles with Asparagus, Peas, and Basil Vinaigrette
- Sausage and Peppers with Zucchini Noodles
- Chicken Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry
- Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Spring Vegetable Zucchini Noodle Soup
Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup halved pitted kalamata olives
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Make the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, and mustard. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the salad. Slice the zucchini halfway through lengthwise, being careful not to pierce through the center. Spiralize the zucchini with Blade C and put them in a large bowl. Add the sliced onion, artichoke hearts, olives, chickpeas, feta (if using), spinach, and tomatoes to the bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod