Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler

Our rhubarb plants are taking over our yard. Well, not really, but I am having a hard time keeping up with them. They are getting big fast and I am trying to keep up. So I hope you like rhubarb because you will probably be seeing several rhubarb recipes in the near future:) One of my favorite rhubarb desserts is Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler. I prefer cobbler over pie because I love a good rustic dessert.

This Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler is easy to make and is topped with a thick, biscuit-like cobbler crust. The rhubarb is tart, but the strawberries and sugar add a nice blend of sweetness.

I like to make the cobbler in individual dishes, but you can make a large cobbler if you wish. The cobbler is best served warm out of the oven with a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream, or rhubarb sorbet.

If you are looking for ways to use up your rhubarb, try this Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler. I am already thinking about making it again. Good thing I have an abundance of rhubarb:)

Hopefully you noticed that Two Peas and Their Pod has a fresh new look, thanks to Lindsay at Purr Design. Please make sure you subscribe via RSS or email. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook. You can easily do this on the right sidebar of the site. We will be showcasing our current favorite recipes in the right sidebar. You can also search our site, follow our latest tweets, and see our recent posts in the sidebar. At the bottom of the site, you will find a list of our most popular posts and recent comments. We also have a new recipe format and print feature, which we think you will love. Our “On the Side” page is where you will find non-food related posts, for example, baby news, trips, etc. Our recipe index has also been updated, so make sure you check it out! Browse around and enjoy!

Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler

1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix the rhubarb and the strawberries with the sugar, corn starch, and orange zest. Let sit for 30 minutes to bring out the juices.

2. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Cut the butter in with a pastry blender or your hands. Combine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add in the milk, egg, and vanilla, stir until just moistened. Don't overmix.

3. Pour strawberries and rhubarb into a 2-quart casserole dish or individual casserole dishes/ramekins.  Drop the cobbler batter on top of the fruit. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the cobbler topping. Bake for 30-35 minutes until cobbler crust is golden brown and fruit filling is bubbling. If desired, serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes

If you like this Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler, you might also like:

Cherry Rhubarb Crisp from Two Peas and Their Pod
Rhubarb Cobbler from Stacey Snacks
Apple Rhubarb Crisp from Closet Cooking
Strawberry Rhubarb Galette from Two Peas and Their Pod

76 Responses to “Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler”

Great new look! And that rhubarb is really making me want to try to grow some here.

• Two Peas replied: — May 26th, 2011 @ 1:39 pm

Thanks Amy! I am glad you can finally see the site:)

marla — May 26, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

Hey Maria, LOVE the new site & this cobbler is a great way to kick it off!! :)

Tracy — May 26, 2011 @ 3:15 pm

I love anything with rhubarb. Yum!

alamama — May 26, 2011 @ 8:31 pm

Can this be made without the rhubarb? It is pretty hard to find here.

• Two Peas replied: — May 27th, 2011 @ 2:24 pm

Yes, you can make this cobbler with any fruit. Use your favorite!

Kalyn — May 26, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

What a gorgeous post. I never liked rhubarb that much, but my mother adored it and she would have loved this dish. (Like the new look for your blog too.)

Yuri — May 27, 2011 @ 1:12 am

Lovely post! I adore cobblers but I can’t find rhubarb here. Never tasted it before, so curious :(

Lora @cakeduchess — May 27, 2011 @ 2:10 am

I haven’t had any luck finding rhubarb. Your so lucky to have it in your yard. Your cobbler looks wonderful and I’m thinking would be perfect now w/some ice-cream:) Love the new look!

Sook — May 27, 2011 @ 5:29 am

Oh my favorite!

grace — May 28, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

your rhubarb looks gorgeous, and the cobbler is inspired and, frankly, pretty perfect!

Kelly — May 29, 2011 @ 9:10 am

Looks awesome! Just made your berry gallete last night and it was fabulous. By the way, we went to a friend’s home this winter and she made strawberry rhubarb cobbler. What a treat during the winter. She froze some of her rhubarb which still tasted great!

• Two Peas replied: — May 30th, 2011 @ 10:44 am

So glad you liked the berry galette.

This looks fabulous! I just love all things made with strawberry and rhubarb. Will definitely give this a try!

12. Pingback: strawberry rhubarb crumble | pixelatedcrumb.com

13. Pingback: seasonal eating invades my blog roll. | Ends and Leavings

14. Pingback: Strawberry Rhubarb Baked French Toast Recipe | Barbara Bakes

15. Pingback: lavender lemonade and sassy girls. summer inspiration. | Alleyway C

Mary — April 28, 2012 @ 9:55 pm

Just made this with rhubarb from my dad’s garden; eating it now. It is heavenly, and I used white wheat for the topping, so it is a smidge healthier too! Cobbler for breakfast tomorrow, i think!

• Two Peas replied: — April 29th, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

Glad you enjoyed the cobbler!

17. Pingback: Strawberry Rhubarb Baked French Toast Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

18. Pingback: Honey Roasted Rhubarb | Café Zupas

Sarah — June 25, 2012 @ 1:56 am

lovely post, but why didn’t you reference Simply Recipes as your recipe source? It looks to me like you took a perfect recipe, and made it look like your own. No reference to your source.

20. Pingback: Peach Berry Cobbler - Clever Housewife

Stacey Moran — January 20, 2013 @ 11:08 pm

I stumbled across this recipe while trying to use up a can of strawberry rhubarb pie filling and it is soo good!! I have a rhubarb plant in my yard and this basic but totally delicious recipe is going to be a summer time staple. Thanks so much for this yummy recipe!!

Valerie — May 14, 2013 @ 11:56 pm

I made this cobbler this weekend. Except for adding a few extra strawberries (because strawberries=yum!), I followed your recipe to the letter and it turned out SO DELICIOUS! Perfect balance of sweet and tart.

Natalie — December 19, 2013 @ 7:49 pm

The first action which you should take is to write down the ideas which you would like to convey to the garden designer,
    this ensures that you have a clear outline of the work needed to be done and you
    can be sure that you have not omitted an important aspect of the work.
    Placing penstemons among evergreen ground cover is a good way
    to hide dormancy, but since this is a shorter version of penstemon, only about
    a foot tall at maturity, do not place it behind shrubs unless they are also short.
    There are certain people who work as there profession of gardening but the others take it as hobby.

24. Pingback: Honey Roasted Rhubarb | Roasted Rhubarb Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

Terry — July 5, 2014 @ 11:47 am

I just tried your cobbler recipe. It was way too juicy (I couldn’t wait for it to cool), but it was really tasty. I will definitely make this again.