Almond Butter Granola-easy homemade granola made with almond butter. Enjoy for breakfast or as a healthy snack!
I love making homemade granola. It’s so simple and always tastes much better than store bought granola. This easy Almond Butter Granola is my new favorite recipe. I made it because I wanted a healthy snack, but I ended up eating most of the pan by myself, so I guess there went the healthy part. Oops! I made it again and put it away in glass jars so I wouldn’t eat it all in one sitting and so I would have some in our pantry for breakfast and snacking. It is great to have on hand.
The secret ingredient is almond butter, well I guess it really isn’t a secret because I already told you it was Almond Butter Granola, but the almond butter is the key to this granola. It gives it the BEST flavor and makes the granola crisp and clumpy. I like to use Justin’s Maple Almond Butter, but any almond butter will work. You can use your favorite.
I mix almond butter with pure maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. I pour the mixture over oats, almonds, flaxseed, cinnamon, and sea salt. Bake until the granola gets nice and toasty and then let it cool on the pan. If you want the granola to be clumpy, DON’T stir the granola on the pan while it is cooling. It will set up and clump up as it cools.
You can eat the Almond Butter Granola with yogurt, milk, or you can eat it right from the pan. I had handful after handful. You can store it in glass jars or an airtight container for up to one month. I don’t think our granola will ever last that long because it is SO good, I can never stop eating it. Good thing it is super easy to make, I don’t mind making it over and over! Enjoy!
How to Make Homemade Granola
If you like this Almond Butter Granola Recipe, you might also like:
- Coconut Granola
- Brown Butter Maple Granola
- Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey Granola
- Banana Granola
- Apple Cinnamon Granola
Almond Butter Granola
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats or gluten-free oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth and combined. Pour mixture over oat mixture. Pour onto a large baking sheet that has been lined with parchement paper or a Silpat baking mat. Spread out the granola evenly on the pan.
- Bake granola for 30 minutes, stirring once, or until granola is slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet. Don't stir while cooling.
- Note-the granola will keep in an airtight container or glass jar for up to one month.