Banana Granola-this easy granola recipe will remind you of banana bread! Enjoy it with yogurt, milk, or by the handful! And if you want to indulge a little, add in some chocolate chips!
When life gives you brown bananas, make banana bread, muffins, pancakes, cake, ice cream, and cookies. And if you still have bananas to use up, promise me you will make this Banana Granola. It is my new favorite banana recipe. I made a big pan over the weekend and it is already gone. I am starting to wonder if Caleb is a monkey because he goes bananas for all things banana…including this granola. He couldn’t keep his little hands out of it!
I love turning ugly, brown bananas into tasty eats and this granola is definitely tasty! Plus, it’s super easy to make. You probably have all of the ingredients to make the granola right now. Assuming you have brown bananas. If you don’t, bookmark this recipe and wait a few days until your bananas are ripe and ready! The granola is worth the wait, I promise!
I am usually not a walnut fan, but I decided to use them in this granola recipe since bananas bring out the best in walnuts. I am glad I did because they added a nice crunch to the granola. Pecans or almonds would be good too though! Use whatever nut you like…or if you are allergic to nuts you can leave them out. I made a nut free version for Josh and he loved it!
The granola tastes just like banana bread…which is a VERY good thing!
I love the granola plain, but I was feeling a little mischievous, so I added mini chocolate chips to the mix! SO good!
The Banana Granola is good with yogurt or milk. We made yogurt parfaits for breakfast and Caleb was on cloud nine! Our Banana Granola parfaits were the perfect start to the day! And this week is National School Breakfast Week so I think we will have to enjoy Banana Granola parfaits all week long. Why not? It is an easy breakfast that can be eaten at the table or on the go! Kiddos will go crazy for this fun breakfast treat! Yay for eating breakfast!
Get your granola on and make Banana Granola!
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- 3 cups old fashioned oats or gluten-free oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combined mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Pour liquid mixture over oat mixture and stir until oats are coated. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake granola for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and cool granola completely on baking sheet. The granola will crisp up as it cools. When granola is completely cooled, stir in the chocolate chips, if using. Store in an airtight container or glass jar with a lid for up to two weeks.
- Note-for vegan recipe, make sure you use vegan chocolate chips.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with the Dairy Council of Utah, but all of our opinions are our own. ”For more dairy & nutrition information visit: www.dairyutnv.com and to get to know more about your local dairy farmers visit www.thecowlocale.com.”