Blueberry Peach Crumble
I am a chocolate kind of gal when it comes to dessert, but if you put a fruit crumble in front of me, watch out. I will grab a spoon and dig right in. There is no holding me back.
One of my favorite summer desserts is this Blueberry Peach Crumble. Plump blueberries and ripe peaches join together with a sweet crumble topping to create an outstanding dessert. I make this fruit crumble all summer long. Summer isn’t really summer without it. Well, summer is definitely happening this year, because I have already devoured a few bowls of Blueberry Peach Crumble.
This Blueberry Peach Crumble is the perfect dessert for entertaining. It is easy to throw together and everyone loves it. There is nothing fancy about it, but who needs fancy? I love the simplicity and rustic feel of this dessert. A bowl of warm fruit crumble and a scoop of vanilla ice cream is dessert at it’s finest.
Add this Blueberry Peach Crumble to your summer “to do” list. Your summer won’t be complete until you enjoy a big helping of this divine fruit crumble. And don’t forget to invite your family and friends over to join you. This no fuss Blueberry Peach Crumble is perfect for sharing!
If you like this Blueberry Peach Crumble, you might also like:
Blueberry Peach Crumble
Fresh blueberries and peaches are covered with a sweet crumble topping and baked to perfection! This dessert screams summer!
Yield: Serves 6-8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
For the filling:
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and sliced peaches (5-6 peaches)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, sliced peaches, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, granulated sugar, and flour. Gently toss until fruit is well coated. Let the fruit mixture sit while you prepare the crumble topping.
- For the crumble topping: in a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir together with a whisk. Mix in the butter with your fingers until the mixture comes together and you have big crumbles.
- Place the fruit mixture in a 2 quart ceramic or glass baking dish. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the fruit. Place the pan on a baking sheet pan lined with a Silpat or parchment paper and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the tops are browned and crisp and the juices are bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note-you can make the crumble in individual ramekins. You can also make the crumble ahead of time-just store the unbaked crumble in the refrigerator and bake when ready! Store the crumble in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!