As promised, we have another red, white, and blue recipe for you today! We’ve already shared patriotic recipes for breakfast and dessert, so now it’s time to get snacking with Blueberry, Strawberry, and Jicama Salsa. This red, white, and blue salsa is the perfect appetizer or snack for your 4th of July party.
I am in love with this salsa. Not only is it pretty, but it is full of flavor and so easy to make. I love the combination of sweet berries and crunchy jicama. There is a little bit of heat from the jalapeño, but if you like a mild salsa, feel free to leave it out. Serve with store bought tortilla chips or you can make your own baked tortilla chips. I’ve also enjoyed it with cinnamon sugar pita chips-so good and so addicting!
Josh likes to top grilled chicken or fish with this red, white, and blue salsa. It is a great salsa for just about everything!
Add this festive Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa to your 4th of July menu! And if you can’t wait until the 4th, no worries. It is a great snack for any summer day. I think I will make a bowl of salsa this weekend!
Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper stemmed and seeded
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, jicama, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, and lime juice. Stir until well combined. Season with salt, to taste. Serve with tortilla chips at room temperature or chilled.
- Note-this salsa is also great with grilled fish or chicken. It is best eaten the day it is made.
If you like this Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa, you might also like: