Chicken Pesto Tortellini is a family favorite meal. You can have this easy chicken pasta dish on your dinner table in under 30 minutes. You only need six ingredients!
When 5:00 hits and I need an easy dinner recipe that my boys will love, I know I can always turn to this Chicken Pesto Tortellini. It is one of their all-time favorite meals. There are always big cheers when this easy pasta dish is on the dinner table.
You are going to cheer too after you make this tortellini too because you only need six ingredients and you can make it in under 30 minutes. It is the perfect weeknight meal!
This recipe starts with cheese tortellini, one of my favorite pastas! It is a dinner lifesaver and who doesn’t love pasta filled with cheese? It is always a dinner winner. Plus, it is SO easy to make!
While the tortellini is cooking, cook up some chicken in a skillet. Next, combine the tortellini, chicken, tomatoes, and pesto. I used our homemade basil pesto because I just made a big batch, but if you are in a pinch, you can use store bought pesto, it is incredible.
I finish the dish with fresh basil and salt and pepper. That’s it! Six ingredients and less than 30 minutes needed to make this easy chicken dinner! This dish is great hot or cold and makes great leftovers too!
Now, if you want an easy vegetarian meal, you can leave the chicken out. The pesto tortellini will be good on it’s own too. And sometimes I finish the dish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese because more cheese is always a good idea:)
Add this easy Chicken Pesto Tortellini recipe to your regular dinner rotation. It is a dinner favorite at our house and I think you will love it too! Need more easy dinner ideas? Check out our favorite 25 Easy Weeknight Dinners! You will want to make them all!
More Tortellini Recipes
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Greek Tortellini Salad
- Lemon Broccoli Tortellini
- Tortellini Caesar Salad
- Tuscan Chicken Tortellini Soup
Chicken Pesto Tortellini
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini according to package instructions. When finished cooking, drain the tortellini in a colander.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and just cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the tortellini in a large bowl. Add cooked chicken pieces and tomatoes. Gently stir in the basil pesto, stirring until the tortellini, chicken, and tomatoes are well coated with the pesto. Add the freshly chopped basil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod