Chocolate Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches-a fun treat for Halloween or any fall day!
Halloween is next week. Do you have your costume ready? Josh and Caleb are dressing up as cowboys, but I don’t have a costume yet. I think my every day mask is scary enough:) I am prepared when it comes to sweet Halloween treats.
We are celebrating the holiday with Chocolate Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches. Pumpkin ice cream sandwiched between two rich chocolate cookies, I am not tricking you. These ice cream sandwiches are a real treat!
Caleb is currently on an ice cream kick. He asks for it every day. He doesn’t always get his way, but sometimes mama gives in! I knew he would love Chocolate Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches. Cookies AND ice cream? Caleb’s dream dessert…and mine!
Caleb helped me bake the chocolate cookies. We used our favorite flour, Gold Medal Flour. To ensure the highest quality product, Gold Medal Flour mills their own flour. Cool, huh? We visited the Mill last year. It was neat seeing the whole process. We are Gold Medal fans for life!
I let Caleb scoop the flour. He looked like a ghost when we were done. Maybe he should be a flour ghost for Halloween instead:) We made a mess, but that’s what kitchens are for! Our cookies baked up perfectly-rich and chocolaty! I love having a baking buddy!
Chocolate and pumpkin are a dangerous combo. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars…I love them all! I knew pumpkin ice cream would be the perfect filling for our chocolate cookies. Plus, the ice cream sandwiches look festive! They are perfect for Halloween…or any fall day! We used store bought pumpkin ice cream, but if you are feeling ambitious you could churn up your own!
I kept the Chocolate Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches simple, but you could roll them in chocolate chips, Halloween M&M’S, sprinkles, or nuts! Go crazy!! And you can make these in advance, just wrap the sandwiches in plastic wrap and freeze! Just pull the ice cream sandwiches out when you are ready to serve. These are perfect for a Halloween party!
Make your Halloween happier by eating a Chocolate Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwich! Make sure you share with all of the ghosts and goblins out there too!
Chocolate Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- 3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- 4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- 5. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- 6. Turn one cookie over and place a large scoop of pumpkin ice cream on the bottom of the cookie. Place another cookie (right-side-up) on top of the ice cream and squeeze them together a bit to push the ice cream to the edges. Eat immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag to eat later. Continue making ice cream sandwiches with the rest of the cookies and ice cream.
- Note-this recipe makes about 30 chocolate cookies, so about 15 ice cream sandwiches. You can half the cookie recipe if you don't need that many. Or you can just eat the chocolate cookies or put them in the freezer!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but our opinions are our own.