These soft, buttery garlic knots taste just like your favorite pizzeria’s garlic knots, but are easy to make at home. They are a great appetizer for parties and game day! Serve with marinara sauce or pizza sauce on the side.
Homemade Garlic Knots
My boys love pizza, they would probably eat pizza every night if I let them plan our meals. To make them happy, we try to have homemade pizza twice a month. Sometimes we go all out and start pizza night with Garlic Knots. Those nights are always the best!
These soft and buttery garlic knots taste just like your favorite pizzeria’s garlic knots, but are fun and easy to make at home. They are so good fresh out of the oven!
How To Make Garlic Knots
- To keep things easy, we like to use pre-made pizza dough. Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s both sell great pre-made pizza dough. You can use homemade pizza dough too. I like to keep a ball of pizza dough in the freezer so I can pull it out on a busy day. Just defrost the dough before making the garlic knots.
- Cut the pizza dough into 12 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into about an 8 inch long rope. Take the ends of the dough and tie into a knot (over, under, and through).
- Tying the dough into knots is fun and don’t worry if your knots aren’t perfect. They are meant to have character.
- Brush the garlic nots with melted butter and cover them with herbs and Parmesan cheese. Be very generous with this step!
- Bake until golden brown, for about 15 minutes. Your house will smell like your favorite pizza place while they are baking and that is a very good thing:)
Perfect Game Day Appetizer
The garlic knots are good on there own, but we like to dip our garlic knots in marinara sauce or pizza sauce. They boys always love dipping! Mmmm, mmmm, good!
These Easy Garlic Knots are the perfect start to pizza night. They are also great with a salad, a bowl of soup, or just eaten as a snack! If you are watching baseball playoffs of football this week, you should make Garlic Knots, they are the perfect game day snack! They are really good anytime and all of the time. Enjoy!
If you like these easy homemade garlic knots, you might also like:
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Knots
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Easy French Bread Pizza
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
Garlic Knots Recipe
- 1 pound pizza dough store bought or homemade
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan Romano cheese in the green can
- Pizza sauce or marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut the pizza dough into 12 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into about an 8 inch long rope. Take the ends of the dough and tie into a knot (over, under, and through). Place each knot on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and stir in dried basil, oregano, parsley, and a pinch of salt.
- Brush the garlic knots lightly with the garlic butter. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the knots are golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining garlic butter. Sprinkle each garlic knot with Parmesan Romano cheese. Serve with warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
They look so nice and delish! Would be great with beer 😀
I get where you’re going with the pizza theme, but I actually love the idea of making these for Thanksgiving. I just see these as a big hit and want to bring the showstopper dish this year! Thanks.
They would be great for Thanksgiving!
These look amazing! And Fun! And easy! And PERFECT for a casual dinner party or family event! Pinning!!
Look very delicious. I like it. Thanks your instruction of you.
– google mail
These look just like the ones they serve in Italian restaurant! I love these but I’m afraid if I made them on pizza night I would just want these and be too full to enjoy my pizza!
I have to be careful because I always want to eat too many:)
My kids go nuts for rolls like this! Great recipe!!
Garlic knots look soft and yummy! Thanks for sharing this delicious and easy to follow recipe 🙂
Great idea to start with premade dough. I’m going to have to try Trader Joes.
These are soooo cute!
These look beautiful and so, so flavorful! I could totally make a meal of them 🙂
My boys would devour these! bookmarked!
don’t mind me while I eat an entire batch of these myself!!
these look awesome and I love that you kept it easy by using pizza dough!
I’ve never made homemade garlic knots…..that clearly needs to change!!
Warm, homemade bread is the best! And when it’s mini (like these knots!) it’s even better!
Love garlic knots!! Yours look perfect!
I’ve never thought to make garlic knots! This will save me from buying them when we order in, and I am sure they are more delicious too!
Such an easy way to round out a meal! And between my hubby and sons, there wouldn’t be one crumb left!
They look lovely! Saw your recipe on Pinterest, but I definitely found many lovely things on the blog.
The perfect munchies for game day!
These would be delicious anytime! Would make taste buds sing with pure happiness!
What a perfect accompaniment to an Italian dinner with friends! Or just me in my jammies on the couch 🙂 Pinned!
Oh my goodness, NEED!
Yum! Cheese and bread are two of my greatest weaknesses!
I know you recommended that these Garlic Knots would be a great starter to Pizza Night, but I have a feeling my husband and I would eat these in lieu of pizza. Might be nice to make these to change things up!
They make a great dinner too:)
My boys would devour these! bookmarked!
The blog or and best that is extremely useful to keep I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for, I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
A good suggestion at parties
I think this recipe of garlic knots are great. They looking so beautiful.
These are looking very good and hoping tastier then presented. Thanks for the healthy recipe.
The doughknots into the marinara sauce looks so tasty. A perfect combination.
Personally i liked this recipie also but I want to say that you shared a great article.
These are so simple and easy! I absolutely can’t wait to give them a try. I always buy the pizza dough at Sprouts because it’s easier than making it at home.
The perfect addition to a Sunday night dinner!
Thanks for sharing with us. Very good recipe I’ll try it at home
Wow these Garlic Knots looks so yummy! I can not shut my mouth!I am gonna try at home.
You absolutely hammered it. Such a nice article.
I am read this article it’s very simple and good website thank you for sharing info
These Garlics Knots are just lovely.
I tried these knots yesterday and they were amazing.
I personally think that garlic knots would be more tasty with the chilli sauce.
Maybe I did something wrong, but these were not great. The flavor did not incorporate itself into the garlic knot like you’d expect. I felt like I was eating pizza crust with seasoning.
Made them last night with home made pizza!! They came out amazing!! Very good, and not greasy at all. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. ♥️♥️ Wish there was an option to upload a picture of them.
I made these and I baked it under 500degrees and added slice garlic. It was good but better than average.
10/10 recommend. Always add more garlic if you want more of a punch and a little red chili flakes is a nice addition, too. Thanks for a simple and delicious recipe!