Greek Chicken Bowls are made with lemon oregano chicken, rice, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, red onion, fresh herbs, and finished with tzatziki sauce. These healthy bowls are great for lunch or dinner.
Quick and Easy Meal
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe, you are in luck because these Greek Chicken Bowls are a weeknight favorite. And if you can’t wait until dinner, guess what? They are great for lunch too! You can meal prep all of the ingredients and have them ready to go for a grab and go lunch you can take to work or school. You really can’t go wrong with these easy Greek Chicken Bowls. They are loaded with fresh ingredients and lots of flavor!
Meal in a Bowl
So what goes in a Greek Chicken Bowl? All of your favorite Greek flavors in one big bowl. These bowls are loaded with goodness. You start with marinated lemon oregano chicken and your favorite grain. You can use rice, quinoa, or farro. If you want the bowls to be low carb and want even more veggies, you can even use cauliflower rice.
Next, add all of the fun toppings. These bowls are all about the toppings!
- kalamata olives
- red onion
- feta cheese
- tzatziki sauce (my avocado tzatziki is also good)
- fresh dill and parsley
You can also add hummus and serve pita chips on top for a little crunch or serve fresh, warm pita bread on the side. These bowls are very customizable. And if you want the bowls to be vegetarian, you can leave out the chicken and add chickpeas.
If you want to prep the bowls in advance, you certainly can. We like to prep all of the ingredients on Sunday so the bowls are ready to go and just hanging out in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
You can cook the chicken and your grain of choice in advance. Store in a container in the fridge. You can also chop up all of the vegetables and make the tzatziki in advance. You can store all of the ingredients individually or portion them out into meal containers to grab and go for the week. Just don’t put the tzatziki sauce on the bowls until you are ready to eat. The ingredients will be good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can prep on Sunday and eat all week!
If you are trying to eat healthy and want a really good meal waiting for you, meal prep these chicken bowls. You will be SO glad you took the time to do a little prep!
More Bowl Recipes
- Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
- Shrimp Bowls with Coconut Cilantro Lime Rice and Pineapple Salsa
- Southwestern Zucchini Noodle Bowls
- Korean BBQ Chickpea Bowls
- Chickpea Shawarma Bowls
Greek Chicken Bowls
For the chicken:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 large breasts)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
For the bowls:
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice regular rice, or quinoa
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Pita chips optional
- Fresh dill and parsley for garnish, optional
- For the chicken: In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Marinate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning the bag occasionally.
- When ready to cook the chicken, brush grill grates or a grill pan with olive oil and heat to medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and grill about 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and registers 165 degrees in the center, using an instant read thermometer. Remove the chicken from the grill or grill pan and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice the chicken into think slices and set aside.
- To assemble the Greek bowls: divide the cauliflower rice or quinoa among 4 bowls. Top with sliced chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, tzatziki sauce, and feta cheese. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over the top. Tuck pita chips into the side of the bowl, if using. Garnish with dill and parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.
Oh these look amazing! I need to make this for lunch tomorrow!
This bowl is classic! I’m always trying to make different styles of salad for every breakfast as salad is super healthy, versatile and quick to make. Happy meal~ xD
– Natalie Ellis
This bowl has all of my favorite things!!
Can’t wait to make these as meal-prep for lunches!!! 🙂
Perfect office lunch ! Thank you !
This looks SO good! I would swap the olives out for capers (I am so not an olive person!) but I think capers would be right at home in this deliciousness!
Delicious and easy. I loved it,
would couscous work instead of the rice, qunioa, or farro…….
looks amazing and its a good thing we already planned to have something similar already that can be turned into these.
Made these bowls for dinner last night and they were loved by all. Looking forward to my leftovers for lunch. I will definitely make again soon!
Yay! Glad you liked the recipe!
So good for a hot summer day!! Thank you!!
Thanks! Sounds absolutely delicious! But I don’t grill. Any idea how long in the oven? 350 degrees?
Glad you liked the recipe!
This was incredible! The chicken was tender and the flavors went together perfectly. Didn’t have olives so used marinated artichoke hearts. Definitely putting this on the rotation. Thanks!
Glad you enjoyed the bowls! Thanks for letting us know!
Delicious and healthy! My family loved me for making these!
this was excellent, didn’t have chicken breasts but had thighs, was just as good. Thanks for the great recipes, keep up the good work. Happy New Year.
Made this for dinner tonight …. LOVED the chicken, marinade made it so tender and was so flavorful loved the Greek flavors with the olives and oregano, I did it with cauliflower rice – not very Greek but lower in carbs than quinoa or rice – all worked together so well
The flavor of the chicken marinade was amazing!
Loved this super tasty salad bowl, particularly the marinated chicken, have used the marinade on chicken in other dishes it was sooo good
Dinner in no time is right. I think this bowl recipe came together in 20 minutes flat. A really easy weeknight win. Thank you for the recipe Maria!
You are very welcome!
The chicken marinade is DELICIOUS! And luckily I had a grill pan so the char on the chicken gave it such a great flavor and texture. This is going to be become a weeknight staple in my house.
Is so, so. Good
I just made this as I go back to work soon- this was great!!!! The marinade made the chicken thighs that I used so juicy and delicious! Thank you for your recipe.
Maria – THANK YOU!! Perfect Saturday night meal with a glass of wine. So darn easy. And appreciated.
You are welcome!
Should the rice and chicken be put in the bowls hot?
Hot or room temperature…of if you like cold chicken and rice, that is fine too!
While discussing what we should eat for dinner, lady and I found this gem of a recipe and, she excitedly began prepping it. We substituted the lemon for orange and crushed red pepper for Korean chili flakes. This was our first time cooking this dish and it came out amazing! I say ‘we’, but she was doing the heavy lifting in the kitchen lol. My lady is a real keeper and so is this recipe.
Highly recommend y’all try this recipe. It is going into our cooking rotation. Thanks a million for posting it!