Greek Chicken Bowls are made with lemon oregano chicken, rice, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, red onion, fresh herbs, and finished with tzatziki sauce. These healthy bowls are great for lunch or dinner.
Quick and Easy Meal
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe, you are in luck because these Greek Chicken Bowls are a weeknight favorite. And if you can’t wait until dinner, guess what? They are great for lunch too! You can meal prep all of the ingredients and have them ready to go for a grab and go lunch you can take to work or school. You really can’t go wrong with these easy Greek Chicken Bowls. They are loaded with fresh ingredients and lots of flavor!
Meal in a Bowl
So what goes in a Greek Chicken Bowl? All of your favorite Greek flavors in one big bowl. These bowls are loaded with goodness. You start with marinated lemon oregano chicken and your favorite grain. You can use rice, quinoa, or farro. If you want the bowls to be low carb and want even more veggies, you can even use cauliflower rice.
Next, add all of the fun toppings. These bowls are all about the toppings!
- kalamata olives
- red onion
- feta cheese
- tzatziki sauce
- fresh dill and parsley
You can also add hummus and serve pita chips on top for a little crunch or serve fresh, warm pita bread on the side. These bowls are very customizable. And if you want the bowls to be vegetarian, you can leave out the chicken and add chickpeas.
Meal Prep Chicken Bowls
If you want to prep the bowls in advance, you certainly can. We like to prep all of the ingredients on Sunday so the bowls are ready to go and just hanging out in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
You can cook the chicken and your grain of choice in advance. Store in a container in the fridge. You can also chop up all of the vegetables and make the tzatziki in advance. You can store all of the ingredients individually or portion them out into meal containers to grab and go for the week. Just don’t put the tzatziki sauce on the bowls until you are ready to eat. The ingredients will be good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can prep on Sunday and eat all week!
If you are trying to eat healthy and want a really good meal waiting for you, meal prep these chicken bowls. You will be SO glad you took the time to do a little prep!
If you like these Greek Chicken Bowls, you might also like:
- Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
- Shrimp Bowls with Coconut Cilantro Lime Rice and Pineapple Salsa
- Southwestern Zucchini Noodle Bowls
- Korean BBQ Chickpea Bowls
- Chickpea Shawarma Bowls
Greek Chicken Bowls
- Prep Time
- 45 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 55 minutes
For the chicken:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 large breasts)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
For the bowls:
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice regular rice, or quinoa
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Pita chips optional
- Fresh dill and parsley for garnish, optional
- For the chicken: In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Marinate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning the bag occasionally.
- When ready to cook the chicken, brush grill grates or a grill pan with olive oil and heat to medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and grill about 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and registers 165 degrees in the center, using an instant read thermometer. Remove the chicken from the grill or grill pan and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice the chicken into think slices and set aside.
- To assemble the Greek bowls: divide the cauliflower rice or quinoa among 4 bowls. Top with sliced chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, tzatziki sauce, and feta cheese. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over the top. Tuck pita chips into the side of the bowl, if using. Garnish with dill and parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
chicken bowls, Greek bowls