Grilled Corn Guacamole
Grilled Corn Guacamole-you will love this easy guacamole with grilled sweet corn. It is the perfect summer appetizer or snack. Get out the chips and start dipping!
We have been watching the Olympics, all day, every day. I am addicted to every event. It doesn’t even matter what is on, I want to watch. I love the actual events, but I also love hearing about the Olympians stories. There are so many amazing athletes and NBC sure knows how to suck you in with a story. I am usually in tears after watching their stories and then I feel committed to them. I feel like I know the athletes and have to cheer them on.
The boys are also loving the Olympics, they run around the house chanting, “Go USA!” They also make up their own gymnastic routines. It’s pretty hilarious.
Good snacks are a MUST while watching the Olympics. We have been popping a lot of popcorn and making a lot of guacamole. We are currently loving this Grilled Corn Guacamole. It is the perfect summer guacamole.
Ripe and ready avocados make me happy, especially when they are this pretty! I love cutting into a perfect avocado. It’s the little things in life:)
I love classic guacamole, but it is always fun to jazz things up, especially when grilled sweet corn is involved. Sweet corn is so good right now, so why not add it to guacamole? It adds a slight smoky flavor to the guacamole and I love the chunky texture.
We got out a bag of tortilla chips and dipped until the bowl was gone. It was the perfect Olympics binge-watching snack.
Grilled Corn Guacamole
You can eat this guacamole with chips or put it on tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salads, or tostadas. It is a great summer guacamole!
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large ear of sweet corn, shucked
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno, seeds removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup queso fresco or cotija cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill corn over medium-high heat, on all sides, until charred. Remove from grill and set aside to cool. Once cool, cut the kernels off of the cob and set aside.
- Halve the avocados and remove pit. Scoop out the avocado with a spoon and place into a medium bowl. Discard the skins. Mash the avocado with a fork until you reach desired consistency.
- Add the grilled corn, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and queso fresco. Stir together and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Note-If you don’t have a grill, you can roast the corn over a low flame burner and rotate every 10 seconds to char on all sides.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!