Whipped Cottage Cheese is light, fluffy, creamy, and salty. It only takes a few minutes to make and can be enjoyed as a dip for veggies or crackers, spread on toast, or enjoyed with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey.
Cottage cheese has always been one of my favorite foods. I eat it almost every single day for a snack or with my lunch. I also love using it to make my Cottage Cheese Frittata.
Whipped Cottage Cheese is my new favorite way to eat cottage cheese because it is SO easy. You only need one ingredient, cottage cheese!
When you whip the cheese in the food processor, magic happens, and it turns into a smooth, creamy, and dreamy cheese. Plain old cottage cheese is transformed into a luxurious spread, dip, or healthy, high-protein breakfast or snack.
Whipped cottage cheese is very versatile and can be served as an appetizer or snack with veggies, crackers, or bread. It is also great spread on toast or enjoyed with fresh fruit. It is especially delicious with my Peach Tomato Bruschetta. The options are endless!
Table of Contents
How to Make Whipped Cottage Cheese
- For best results, I recommend using 4% cottage cheese or at least 2% cottage cheese. I don’t recommend using fat-free cottage cheese because it won’t be as creamy. Good Culture is my favorite brand of cottage cheese.
- Place the cottage cheese in a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender, but you might have to scrape down the sides a few times to make sure it is blending it completely.
- Blend again. You don’t want there to be any lumpy curds left. The cottage cheese should be completely smooth. It will also become fluffy as air is added into the cheese.
- Use a spatula to scrape the whipped cottage cheese out of the food processor bowl and place in a serving bowl or container.
- Spread on toast with jam or a drizzle of honey. Or go savory and add it to your avocado toast.
- Make a parfait with whipped cottage cheese, fresh fruit, granola, and a drizzle of honey.
- Spread on crostini and serve as an appetizer.
- You can also put the whipped cottage cheese in a bowl and top with fresh fruit, tomatoes, or a simple tomato cucumber salad.
- It makes a great dip, serve with cut up veggies, pita, naan bread, or crackers.
- Spread on your favorite sandwich.
- Eat with roasted vegetables.
- Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning on top. It’s also good on an Everything Bagel…or any bagel.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon, crushed red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, za’atar, honey or hot honey.
- Serve with peach slices, pears, or berries for dessert. Add a drizzle of honey and candied pecans for extra sweetness.
How to Store
Freshly whipped cottage cheese is best, but you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Stir before serving.
More Easy Cheese Recipes
- Whipped Feta
- Baked Brie
- Burrata with Tomatoes & Pesto
- Easy Cheese Ball
- Pear Brie Flatbread
- Grilled Peaches with Burrata, Honey, & Pistachios
Whipped Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups (16 oz) cottage cheese (for best results use whole milk or 2%, not fat-free)
- Place the cottage cheese in a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Blend again until completely smooth.
- Spread on toast with jam or a drizzle of honey or spread on crostini. You can also put the whipped cottage cheese in a bowl and top with fresh fruit or a simple cucumber tomato salad. It makes a great dip, serve with cut up veggies, pita, or crackers. You can also season the cottage cheese with lemon zest or fresh herbs.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod